Swiffer Home System

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Mrs. Pirz • May 1, 2012.

1. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    My husband currently purchased the Swiffer Home Stater Kit for regular floors (not wood or carpet) I am currently pregnant and bending over to wring out the mop every time I clean is getting to be a hassle on my back but I usually mop old schoolwith a bucket, a stick and a mop! I have found that this system is ok for light cleaning but every time I meet up with the kitchen I end up using about 2 pads (sometimes 3) just to get everything cleaned. I have no complaints when it comes to the other lower traffic areas of The House but it seems that even the ligthest stuck on stain is a pain to remove. I tried presoaking and it works for some. The scrubber attachment on the head of the mop in my opinion is there for show and not to remove anything. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences on this item? I am curious to know if maybe I am using this incorectly.

2. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Swiffer Vac everyday because I have hard floors throughout my first floor. I have tried the Swiffer with the pre-soaked pads for mopping, and was not impressed. I could see I would go through a lot of pads to get everything clean, and I wasn't willing to invest in that! I use a good old-fashioned Libman wet mop and ammonia to clean after I sweep - it does the best job of anything I've used. I put the solution in my one side of my kitchen sink, so there really isn't any bending.

3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    i mainly use the swiffer cleaning systems when I have small things to clean. Typically I use them daily, which reduces the frequency of pulling out the mop and bucket. For a busy family, such as mine where my boyfriend snd I broth work 40+ hours ler week and opposite schedules at that, we also have six maniac children to clean up after. For my purposes it works well, though it does not eliminate the regular deep cleaning.

4. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Swiffer, but was disappointed with it's overall ability to clean, especially in corners/ against walls. I felt like it always left dust/ dirt trapped there, instead of picking it up. I would much rather scrub on my hands and knees, ensuring a thorough cleaning.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ok so its not just me. I was thinking maybe I was using it incorrectly but apparently this system isn't really up to par to the standard mop and pale. Thanks for the feedback, now I know not to waste any more money on this system.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It's hard to really get your floors clean with a Swiffer pad. The mop doesn't have enough weight to it, so when you extend it out like you would a regular mop it loses its oomph. What I usually do is go ahead and clean the floor like normal and then take the pad off, turn it over and step on it to clean the floor. Obviously, I have enough weight and I can really get the floor clean.

Then, before I move onto another room, I replace the pad, go over the floor again lightly and then move on with that pad and repeat. That saves on the pads and I actually get the floors clean.