Swiffer mop

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Jan 4, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a Swiffer mop and a supply of the cleaning pads that were on sale. I was not a happy camper. It's nothing like advertised on commercials. What they don't show is the mess it creates from the time you pull one of the pads out of the container to attaching it to the mop. The cleaning solution leaves no shine only a dull film once the floor dries.

Does anyone else find that the Swiffer mop is not worth the money spent on it?

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I just don't agree. I really love my swiffer for cleaning up light spills, dust, and messes. Obviously heavier dirt requires something more thorough to get it off. I don't really understand what you mean about it making a mess attaching it to the mop? I've never had this problem. Overall I think it's a very nice supplement to my cleaning routine.

3. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guilty of using scrap flannel on my swiffer. I just hook it on, spray with my chosen spray, and then use. I use the bought wet wipes less often. When I use them, I follow them up with a dry flannel. I like the handle and the maneuverability and the idea...but in action, the store-bought cloths aren't worth the price most of the time to me.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    To answer your question about making a mess. When I pull out one of the cleaning pads the cleaning solution runs like water and gets my clothes wet. I don't mind it dripping on the floor because that's where I want it to go. I am mostly disappointed because of the cleaning pads. I never expected the cleaning solution to get me all wet in the process of cleaning my floors. I haven't even used the second package that I bought. Maybe that's why they were on sale. It was my first purchase of the Swiffer brand.