Swimming

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by amanda143 • Apr 24, 2012.

1. amanda143

amanda143New Member

Threads:
    Swimming has lots of benefits and doing swimming its a fun. I really enjoy and love doing so. I am keen looking for further information about swimming these are some of i know are: reduce weight and belly fat, heart and stroke away, increase stamina and strength

#1Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    , nice thread, i also swim, but not that great, what strokes can you do?

3. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I can't swim. I would love to but I have to go to swimming lessons. You are right! This is the best way to reduce your waight and shape your body while you are having fun!:) I prefer doing sports instead going to the gym. I am a little bit scared of swimming! And from deep water! Maybe because when I was a kid I slipped and went under the water of a pool and I couldn't get out of the water for a couple of seconds. I was so frightened!

4. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Swimming is excellent exercise! I didn't realize how out-of-shape I was until I got into the pool last summer (first time in a loooong time) and tried to swim a little bit of a distance. Whew - it was quite a workout.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Swimming is my favourite form of exercise. I have 3 types of arthritis, se exercise is difficult for me, but I find swimming really easy, and I also do aqua aerobics. In the summer, when I'm swimming every day, I always lose a few pounds in weight and tone up nicely. And although the swimming is a challenging workout, I find I have more energy when I'm swimming regularly.

6. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I love swimming, because its the exercise that's not. When you are swimming, you are to busy having fun to realize that your exercising. Swimming can be good for your heart because of the different ways you move in the water. Although I had a close call when I was little with the water, I still love to swim.

7. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    Hmmm, I think I should get back to swimming again. My stamina and strength are a little bit low, and reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke (or whatever you said) sounds good too.

8. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    Swimming is a good sport for those who prefer not to sweat it out in the gym or on the field. How often do you people out there swim for a session?

9. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Nice thread, nice sport. I love swimming although I don't like water in my eyes. Unfortunately I have some problems with my knees so I shouldn't swim to much :( That's too bad because it's sooo nice and relaxing and it shapes your body so easy.

10. dcprechtl

dcprechtlNew Member

Threads:
    I love swimming. I have been a swimmer since the age of 5. Now I just swim for fun with my kids. As an OTA we use water for therapy, especially with kids. There is less gravitational pull on muscles while in the water. This allows for muscles to work in ease. You get more rotation and movement in the water than what you can get out of it, which is great for therapy sessions. Also because of less gravity you feel like the movement are easier , when in fact your firing your muscles more.

11. dcprechtl

dcprechtlNew Member

Threads:
    Use a buoy device between your legs to keep them a float and use your arms more.. Still get a great workout once your legs become tired. Or if allowed at the pool a water board.

12. Toni6749

Toni6749New Member

Threads:
    I can't swim but I definitely want to learn, does anyone have any tips for a newbie? I can float but thats about it. I never really learned the technique.

13. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Swimming is my favorite thing to do as a hobby. I am definately looking forward to that this summer. It's great excercise and it's something my family and I can do together. When we go camping we do a lot of swimming.

14. Declan

DeclanBanned

Threads:
    Hi Amanda,
    Agree with you and like to add swimming is great cardio exercise to burn fat, regulate metabolism and lose weight. Swimming makes heart, lungs strong and improve muscle strength. Swimming is great to deal with joint and muscle problems and strengthens back, arms and shoulders muscles.

15. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, can't swim at all. I've tried to learn, but I haven't really gotten too far. I'm just not interested in swimming in general.