Swimsuit for Post-pregnancy body

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by katharinemae • Jun 21, 2012.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have just given birth and I'm really burdened with what swim suit to wear. I still have my post-pregnancy body, my tummy are sagging, my breasts are large, its really difficult to find a suit that will perfectly fit. It would really help if you can share what type of bathing suit is appropriate for my body. I would also love to know what swimsuit shop can cater with my body type.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you might have better luck trying to find a maternity swimsuit instead of just a normal one. A one peice suit may work out better for you than a two piece. As far as a shop, I would say any store that sells maternity clothing should have swimsuits available this time of year.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I will be in your shoes soon so this is a topic I have read a lot about since I live in Miami. It will definitely be much easier to get a basic swimsuit from a maternity clothing line just for the moment and then purchase one when you slim down. Since your body still has to go through all the changes of post-partum you should not go for a pricey bathing suit as you will be purchasing another one in a more flattering size soon enough ;)

4. katharinemae

Threads:
    I definitely agree with you, guess I have to focus on trimming down my weight rather than finding a swimsuit that will fit me. I will try the maternity shops, maybe I can find something nice that fits and not too pricey. Or I can skip on the swimming part for the meantime. Thanks!

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Whatever you choose, you're probably going to feel more comfortable with a coverup. Whether that's just a little wrap around your waste or one that goes over your top, having a flowy layer may keep things loose enough for you that you're not really thinking about how you look quite as much.

6. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    When I was still single, I often flaunt my figure with bikinis. But those days are gone and so as those bikinis. I can totally relate to this and I suggest that you try on tankinis that would support your breasts. Personally, I would also use a rashguard as an alternative to tankinis.

7. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Why don't you try those pin-uppy swimsuits that are currently on trend right now? I personally find them figure-flattering, especially for bigger women like us who just gave birth. :D

8. katharinemae

Threads:
    What Pin-uppy swimsuits are you referring to? I'm really intrigued and wants to know more about this. I'm leaning on the rashguard alternative but would definitely love to try your suggestion, maybe its just what I need.

9. Jessi

Threads:
    Pinup swimsuits are like what the ladies used to wear. They're more covered than what you often see now, but were really sexy back then. They're generally going to have a skirt bottom or at least sides that come down more instead of being high cut.

So these, for example:

C4DE9000.

6a00d83451cbb069e20168ea99af56970c-250wi.

[​IMG]

3713198572_76139b4039_o.

Attached Files:

10. AmyYoung

AmyYoungNew Member

Threads:
    If it's not too late i would love to recommend you with a great site that has exactly these types of solution

it's really great and has alot of usuful tips about post pregnancy fashion and everything you need to know about post pregnancy

11. Jessi

Threads:
    That looks like it's going to be a great site, Amy.

Unfortunately, it doesn't currently have anything about swimsuits. At least not that I could find. So it's not really that helpful for this topic.