Table Lamps

Discussion in Product Reviews started by regicide3342 • Apr 19, 2015.

1. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    What brand would you suggest if you had been choosing a table lamp? I need a good, efficient lamp that will last for a long time and give strong enough light to notice the smallest of changes (I am a microbiologist so I do some experiments home). Any tips on a lightsource that gives good results for its price?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you looked into the Verilux brand of lamps? They are mainly used as daylight simulators to help people with seasonal disorders. They make them in a variety of shapes and models, from floor lamps to little table lamps. I've had one of their basic "Happy Lamps" for several years now, and would keep it near my desk when I am working on my computer, and I've been really pleased with the results. The only warning though is you may want to refrain from using them in the evenings, as I've noticed they were causing me to stay up much later, instead of getting ready for bed in the evenings - as if they were kind of tricking my body into thinking the sun was still out when it was really time to hit the sack.