Tablet or laptop?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Livvy • Jul 3, 2014.

1. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Laptop all the way! I really have no idea what's the major use for tablet. In my opinion, you can't do some serious work in it. Personally, i think tablets are just like mobile phones only with a much bigger screens. With laptops, we can do some important work-related things, watch movies, play some hardcore games and what not. So for me, Laptop is much better than tablet, i don't think they're even in the same category to compare them but whatever. :)

2. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to work on my laptop rather than anything else. I am more of a stubborn person who doesn't like to move on to better things. I am comfortable with my laptop as I have my hands set on the keyboard very well. I am not going to abandon it anytime soon. So yeah, laptop all the way for me as well.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a phablet and a laptop. I think that combination is enough for me to do the work that I need. I think that a laptop is very useful and versatile and can perform a lot of things. My phablet on the other hand is very useful when I need to do something and my laptop is not accessible. I currently don't see the need for a tablet as it has the same functions as a phablet, only with a larger screen.

Anyways, would I choose a tablet or a laptop? I'd go for a laptop any day. It's a lot more useful than a tablet.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on your needs. I'd keep both if I we're you. Tablets can be great when travelling or if you just need to do a presentation of some sort but if you're planning on doing some word processing or editing then having a laptop is your best choice.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I more in favor of the laptop since I do a lot of heavy computing work and the tablet will be of no use to me. I only use my tablet when it comes to presentations, like say for example I have an interview and I wanted to show my employer my portfolio or something like that.

6. KaranKhurana

KaranKhuranaBanned

Threads:
    Both have their own advantage. I have nexus 7 tab and i generally use it for causal browsing and watching movies while traveling and in winter coz i can't bare weight of heavy lappy on my thighs.

7. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Laptop absolutely. I like having the bigger screen for most of the things I do online and the have always preferred using a keyboard and mouse over a touch screen. The processors on laptops are usually faster as well, which is a big plus. I do have a tablet, but I mainly just use it as a Kindle Reader, some light internet surfing and apps. Just never really converted to being a primary tablet person.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have both a tablet and a laptop. I can say that both of them have merits, but I would choose the laptop. Though tablets can be carried anywhere, they just don't have the full functionality of a laptop. Sure, I can write documents and make Powerpoint presentations. Sadly, some of the editing options are missing.