Tablets and Memory

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Lostvalleyguy • Jul 4, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Recently I was searching for a tablet as a portable way to upload and edit data from my camera and other devices. I was surprised at the low amount of memory on these devices. Most will allow an SD or microSD card to be installed to increase the memory but often they only allow for a 32GB card which is similar to the on board memory. While I have seen a few tables with more memory, I have seen none that suit my needs.

Does anyone know of a good tablet with a good amount of on board memory and the ability to handle at least a 64GB microSD card? Ideally it would handle a larger card as they will likely be more common in the future. Does such a device exist or should I be looking at a laptop which is less convenient but will do the job?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I heard that Samsung Galaxy Tablets supports a 64 GB micro SD card, my friend uses them. I intend to buy a tablet too, but a cheaper one like Ainol, because I will be using it for just browsing and watching movies.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I am intrigued as to why you would need so much memory. To this day, I personally use a maximum of two gigs on my phones or tablets. I think that I do not like to carry a lot of data on the go, and I like to listen to or watch the same stuff over and over and when I need to update I prefer to delete and replace. I usually all the nice my information in such a way that there are certain things that I put on external hard drives and keep them in one place and not move around with them a lot. And the things that I do like to take moment of very light and things that I can get rid of and replace very quickly and very easily. So for me as a phone use up or tablet user I do not require a whole lot of memory with me on the go.