Taco Bell Cantina menu

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jleadbet • Jan 27, 2013.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I read an article saying the Cantina menu at Taco Bell was their answer to Chipotle. I've tried the burrito and bowl and wasn't impressed with either. Plus they cost $4.99. I can get the Chipotle version for $6.50. I would have thought the Taco Bell version would be more like $3-4. I'll stick with their soft tacos. They're cheaper and taste better.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet but i really want to try that new salad they have with the avocado it looks really good and they guarntee that if you don't like it they will refund it and get you something new.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried the Cantina menu yet but thought about trying it. I am surprised that they are charging $5 for them. For that price, I can get a really large burrito from a local guy that has been in business here for many years. His food is always fresh and really delicious so we usually get our mexican food from him. I do like Taco Bell's enchiritos though and probably have had an addiction to them since I was a kid. Thanks for the share, it is good information to know.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about this Cantina menu at Taco Bell, but had yet to try it. Probably because there isn't a Taco Bell near me any longer, so I don't patronize the place like I use to. I am stun to discover just how pricey this menu actually is. I guess they thought because this was suppose to be a more sophisticated menu that they could charge more for the items on it.

Well, I got new for Taco Bell these type of prices turn me off. I think when I do ever go back into one I will stick with their traditional menu. Hey, I absolutely love their burrito supreme and their tacos. At least these aren't outrageously priced.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried one of them once, and wasn't impressed at all. Nothing like Chipotle. The rice looked dull and grey and the flecks of "cilantro" in it were also dark grey. The guacamole was grey too, as was the "green" sauce they poured over all of it. The lettuce was all wilted, and the chicken was basically the same processed chicken they put in all their menu items. At least when they would wrap this stuff up into a burrito, you couldn't see exactly how unappetizing it all was, now you can, lol.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't tried it or even heard of it, to be honest.

I wouldn't expect much on Taco Bell's menu to be that expensive, though. They're known for super cheap food. What makes it so special that anyone would want to pay five bucks for it?

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Perfect description. Lol. That is exactly how I felt about my burrito from there. When I showed it to the guys working they sort of looked at me like, what's the big deal?! I suppose we grow up and our tastes change. I used to love Taco Bell, but not going back anymore. I'll pay a little more and do Chipotle.