Take a seat please...

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MrsJones • Jan 11, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Where is your favorite seat in the movie theater? I have tried way in the back in the corner so no one can sit behind me and only on one side of me. I sat way in the front until the sound just blew me away. I've sat at the end of the row thinking I was going to get out quicker, nope, didn't happen. And I hate sitting in the middle because someone always has to maneuver in front of you. What is your favorite seat in the movie theater?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I like to sit right in the middle. Usually, I don't mind having someone behind me because most theaters nowadays have more space between the rows, so I try to sit directly in the middle going from front to back as well as from left to right. My kids like to sit all the way at the top, I think that's just a kid thing because I was the same way when I was a kid. We don't usually go to the movies on the popular nights, like when a movie was just released or on a weekend night, so we never really have trouble getting the best seat to our liking.

I really do not like to sit all the way up front. I feel like the first row is always too close to the screen and it hurts both my neck and my eyes.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I sit where ever I can find a seat, because I usually arrive late in the previews session. I've never understood why people make it so important to get the middle seats -well, I do, it's mainly about comfort - in a cinema auditorium or room, all the seats to me will provide me with the viewpoint to see the movie anyways because it's all perspective. However, if I'm with more than a few people, I usually opt for the lower theater seats to avoid blocking people's views and to minimize annoying people.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like being in the center and close to the front. The reason is that when I sit far back, I feel like the experience of having a bigger screen is diminished and it defeats the purpose of watching in a cinema. Also I like that not many people like sitting up front so I usually have the least competition for it and also there's less chance of someone in front of me ruining my experience.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie house seat is on the balcony seat, on the very first row. There is no one in front of you so there is no blockage of the view, and your eyes are on the same level as the screen. I remember even placing my drink on the horizonal veranda in front of me for convenience instead of me holding my drink all throughout the movie.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the center middle, but because I often go during the day when it's quiet I can have the pick of the seats. Sometimes, depending on who I am with I will sit near the front too near where the wheelchair access is as there is usually good legroom. I hate it when people sit if front of you when the theater is half empty and will move and sigh loudly.

7. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I always like to sit at the back if there are any seats available there. Mainly because then no mischevious kids can thrown popcorn, or any other disgusting things they can find, down at me! And plus it's always a good view from the back and you're usually well in line with the screen so you don't have to strain your neck by looking up which seems to be a big problem for most if you sit down at the front.

8. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually like to sit way in the back row, dead center. You can get a total picture of the screen in front of you, and unless someone stands up right directly in front of you te view tends to be unobstructed. It also prevents people trying to squeeze past you to you the bathroom just at a crucial moment!

9. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    Very back so I don't get kicked and have the best view, but my friends generally like the 3rd or 4th last for some reason, I think they prefer to be a bit lower so they're more centered.

10. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually have a seat in the end. I think it is quite easy to watch movies by sitting at the end. I think it is quite important to watch the movie without any disruption. I believe that is possible only if you sit at the back.

11. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Choosing the right seat for a film is one of the most important decisions as you are essentially stuck in that seat for the duration of the movie. Most films are an average of 2 hours, and being in an uncomfortable position for so long can be an unpleasant experience and may even take away from the film. Personally, find the seats at the front of the theater to be too close to the screen, such that I get a little neck strain from looking up at the screen for so long. Similarly, this happens when sitting on the edges of the theater as you need to turn your head to one side for the whole film. The best position in my opinion is as close to the mid line of the screen as possible, and between the back half or third of the theater. This allows me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the film.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In the middle horizontally speaking and and on the upper portion, vertically speaking. They are the best. The experience turns bad if I'm very close to screen and that the whole I'm watching the movie, my head is tilted which is really painful.