Taken 3

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by teabwoi • Dec 15, 2014.

1. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I was at home today and I just saw the trailer for the new taken which is taken 3. Now I really liked the first movie in this series and honestly I did not even think that the second movie was all that good but now they have a third one. I am hoping that it is good because honestly I think that they carried along this series too long.

What do you think?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked the first film and didn't think they would continue with the story and the second was a bit weak, however I do like the characters. I hope the third film has a good story and hopefully Kim has more common sense now. If this doesn't work out, then it will not only be the end, but a disappointment to what was a good original plot. I'm not sure of the time lapse between the films, so that will be interesting to see if there are any links to the previous films characters.

The main characters work well together, and they anticipate a huge profit as Liam Neeson is getting paid $20 million allegedly.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I loved the first story line in the taken series. Two teenage girls visit Europe unattended. One girl shoots off her mouth so much that she attracts sex traffickers. I liked the warning the movie gave to all teenagers in general. You are responsible for your own safety. If you get kidnapped, then your father better be Liam Neeson. He of course was a former CIA henchman. I enjoyed watching him save his beloved daughter.
    The second movie was awful. I could hardly get past the mom and daughter shopping excursion which was only 20 minutes into the movie.
    I hope the third installment has a more intriguing plot.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly I feel that too many installments in the series are making the movie franchise worse. Much like Die Hard and the Fast And The Furious series, we have witnessed a decline in quality as more sequels come out. However as long as it sells tickets in the box office they will probably continue to churn out more sequels.

As much as I hope that Taken 3 is great, having loved the original movie, I don't really have high hopes for it. Personally I'd just wait for it to be on cable.

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I love the trailer! (

). It looks way better than the previous ones to be honest, the story line, the graphics, the intensity...everything just seems to be more developed, I really am waiting to see this movie. I think Liam Neeson is a great actor as well, but he may not be as "active" as Denzel Washington is in movies, am I the only one that realizes? Liam isn't as fast as Denzel is, but I think he plays his roles really well. Kudos Liam, you've done a great job with the sequel and I hope to see you in other movies too.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    May as well call Taken 3 as "Rape 3," because the franchise has tried to seize hold of mind and it hasn't been effective cause the movies are not all that great - rape means "to seize or take away," and it doesn't mean what most people presume or assume it means. I'm sure Liam Nelson is simply did this film to get paid a fat check, because he did hesitate for a long time to accept the role once more. Personally, I'm going to pass on this one like I did for Taken 2 too.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I think we can all agree that the first movie is the best so far. And i think this movie has run it's course don't you think. I read this post on twitter from a parody account about this movie and it says 'Maybe his daughter and wife should just stop going out of the house to avoid being taken' and yep, definitely there's a point there. I hope this is the last movie because there's only so much kidnapping a family can get.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my, this is not good at all. They're now milking it for all it's worth! I'm a huge Liam Neeson fan,and I really enjoyed the first one. When they brought out the second one, I wasn't blown away as much but I thought; go on then. Now we have a third?! There should come a time when they know when to stop. I'm not even sure I'll watch it.

9. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan too but I really think that they are just milking the series. I really like the first one and I will admit that I think that the second one was really weak but I really do not think that they should have taken the time or the money to create a part 3 honestly.