Takeout, Delivery, or Dine In?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jan 2, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Which method do you like best to enjoy restaurant food? I have been getting my food delivered to my place a lot recently, and it is so convenient and comfortable to me that I don't even have to get dressed to eat my favorite restaurant's food. Although, I have to admit that it's just not the same as getting the food served immediately as soon as it is cooked. In this case, eating right at the restaurant itself definitely is much better for me. The difference is just minor, though, but it does account for a lot if I am being nitpick-y, but for the convenience of eating at home, I'd say the trade off is relatively fair.

How about you guys, what are your preferences when it comes to this or do you not mind either options just as long as the food tastes good?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the atmosphere of the restaurant. Normally, I'll prefer to dine in simply because it's convenient. After I'm done I don't need to do any dishes which is always a plus. Unless, I'm in a hurry in which I'll order takeout or delivery.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We always take out when we buy from a restaurant. The problem is that most of the time the tables and silverware could not be clean. There were times where I received a fork that had old cheese stuck to it!

Eating at home is more practical as we are able to enjoy it better.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually dine in because there's a few restaurants I like, which they are the ones I usually go to. I won't go back to the ones that's isn't too good or has bad service. I'm consistent on choosing the restaurant I go because I tend to stick with it unless it turns bad or out of business. I like the dine-in experience because my friends and I can talk for a long time. Same as going to restaurants with my family, which we would like to dine in.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It totally depends on the situation for me! If I'm alone and going from work or somewhere else to my home, I prefer takeout. If I'm already home, I will usually go out to grab something, but in the times I'm too lazy I'll order delivery. However, if I have company I love to go to restaurants and eat there. I actually love going out to eat, but I feel awkward doing it alone, so I only go when I have company!

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    In general, I prefer to dine out at a restaurant unless it's a pizza joint. Pizza joints aren't usually set up to accommodate anyone except for people waiting to pick up their orders. Even if the food isn't that great, I enjoy the ambiance and time spent out in a different setting other than home.

7. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends. It is nice to have food delivered or brought in if I want convenience. Going to a restaurant can be great as entertainment for a group and for atmosphere.

8. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    It depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes after a hard day at work I just want to grab a take out but I love getting dressed up and making the effort and dining out sometimes :)

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    It depend on how I feel and what I got a taste for , It its pizza I would probably want it delivered , but eating my favorite steak and shrimp I would have to dine-in and more than likely I would have take out.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    When people consider cooking in solely for cost reasons you have to remember to take into account the fact that by eating takeaway food they have better scales of economy, and also they absorb the cost of cooking. Chips are cheaper when bought from a takeaway shop rather than home cooked I have found.

11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of paying delivery fees. I usually walk to wherever I want the food and take it to go or dine in. The restaurant is what determines that for me. If I'm with someone and it's a nice set up in the restaurant (or one that I have dined at before and had a nice experience) I will stay there and have a bite. If I am alone and just looking to relax at home I'll take it to go.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on where I am when the hunger strikes me. If I happen to be at the mall and I'm not going home yet, then I will dine-in there. If I'm already about to go home, then I will order the food as take-out. But when I'm just chilling at home, then I will opt for a delivery.

13. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    In an effort to not become too lazy, I find myself trying to be better about delivery. Delivery is so perfect because like some others have said, you're able to stay in your pajamas while somebody else runs the errand for you. I have been doing takeout or dine in as of late. If I'm meeting up with somebody who I don't know too well or if me and my eating partner just want to go out we will do dine in. On the other hand if I do want to enjoy food at home and I'm not cooking, I will do takeout. I guess it just depends on my mood that day.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For a few years I wasn't able to drive, and I was living on my own, so delivery was a god send. Even better, there is a local delivery service that will place and pick up orders for you from restaurants that don't even deliver themselves. All they charged was the gratuity on the check plus an additional $5, so it was really only costing me $5 more than what I would have spent going out to eat anyhow. It was a nice treat when I couldn't make it to the grocery store or didn't feel like cooking.

Some dishes obviously hold up well better than others. I wouldn't order something that was delicate and would go bad right away, but some other stuff like carnitas over rice, or chinese food, all hold up very well.

15. dapapas

dapapasNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy the atmosphere of being at the actual restaurant. Plus my family and I have very busy schedules, so when we want food that we're not cooking ourselves, its best we get out of the house together. Don't get me wrong, we eat together as a family at the table most every night. But its nice when we can all go out together and enjoy ourselves a bit.

16. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Dine in. If I eat at home then I might as well cook the food myself. In very rare cases where I just really need something to eat fast and have nothing at home, I go for fast food and in that case it's takeaway.

17. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I like delivery best, because I like to watch tv while I eat and I'm too lazy and I don't have a car to go get the food.

18. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I prefer restaurants for sit-down, fine dining, with foods that need to be eaten immediately. For example, I would never order a steak dinner to be delivered to my door because I think it should be eaten in the restaurant immediately. I have no problem eating pizza or Chinese a half hour later, though, so those are fine for delivery in my book.

19. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I prefer to dine in at a restaurant. However, there are times where I don't want to dish out the extra funds it will cost to dine in. By extra cost, I'm referring to the cost of drinks and leaving a tip. During these times I would chose to do take out. On my lazy days, I would rather have something delivered. It really depends on what type of mood in that day.

20. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I'm more of a delivery guy during sporting events. I like to have people over and we get out the menus and decide where to order from. Then we wait to hear the door and we all run upstairs to get the food. It's a great practice.