Taking a Pet on a Plane?

Discussion in Travel started by tulosai • Jan 1, 2015.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have experience taking their pet on a plane in cargo? Do you feel this was traumatizing for your pet? Where do you collect your pet when the flight is over? Do you just go to baggage claim or is there a special area? Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    tulosai, I have no experience to taking a pet on a plan but one of my friends has been taking his pet on a plan during his trip about few months ago. Here I want to tell you first check the in which destination you want to go is pet friendly or not.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Different airlines have different policies with regards to pet travel. It is best to check with the various airline services on which ones are pet friendly prior to booking your travel ticket. There are paperwork that will be required. With regards to your pet's health and emotional concerns, it is best to seek the advice of your veterinarian on how you should prepare the ride for your pet. Some breeds are more prone to heat concerns than others. Some get easily agitated and nervous. There may be diet restrictions and other medications that will be recommended by your vet prior to the trip to make the travel more tolerable for your pet.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never traveled with my dog biplane, only by carand by bus. I must say that when he traveled by bus with my dog I was really concerned whether he would get scared or stressed out. However he actually slept through the whole trip, and seem to be okay on the other way. I do fear traveling on a plane with him, especially if I had to travel with him on cargo, but unless it's a really big trip, giving him some medicine to calm him down and make him sleepy, leaving a blanket with your smell on it and had to wait for him to be with, you should be fine.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We never take our dog with us unless it is something like a road trip. I honestly think it will all depend on how the dog was raised and the environment it is around. If you have a rescued dog then it can have some underlying issues that can trigger when traveling.