Tankless Water Heaters; No More Cold Showers!

Discussion in Water started by deecee • May 2, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    Tankless water heaters are an economical way to have instantaneous hot water. There is no energy wasted in maintaining a tank full of hot water. Since water is heated as needed, the supply never runs out. I had one years ago, and it was a real money and time saver.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I need one of these because I don't like to wait 5 minutes for the water to heat up. It seems to happen to me in the morning, the water is always so cold. I've been looking for a way to keep the water hot all day. I checked out some prices for the tankless water heater, and it's about $600 which isn't too bad. I would pay it to take a hot shower all the time. Thanks for the great tip.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw these recently and it seems like such a neat idea. I like how it never runs out of hot water. We have a gas hot water heater and it does heat up really quick. The problem is it does eventually run out and has to refill and then reheat it again. We just moved into a newly built home and I wish I would have seen this a few months ago. I would have had this type of water heater installed instead!

4. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    Tankless waterheaters are only efficient if you have a smaller family with smaller hot water consumption. When a tankless water heater heats up hot water, it uses a lot of energy to start the utility up, just like when a car goes from 0-60 it uses more gas. Constantly keeping the waterheater on also uses energy and ends up spiking up the energy bill. Do some research to find out whether your home will save before getting a tankless waterheater

5. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you so much for this post Anna. Solar water heaters are very popular here in Jamaica, because they don't use any electricity, and that's very beneficial to us because electricity is very expensive here, costing us more that US$20 per kilowatt hour.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I am still using a tank and it does seem a bit wasteful. If you use the hot water a lot and frequently it is a nice convenience but not really worth it if you live alone or don't use it often enough.