TaoBao Chinese website

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by qaximor • Jan 16, 2014.

1. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried to buy stuff off the Chinese eBay like website called Taobao? A lot of people I heard use it to buy stuff in bulk or buy clothes off it and electronics because it's much cheaper. They also have a way to tell the shop/seller to send the products overseas especially that Chinese postal chargers are way cheaper than anywhere in the world. I live in German and the delivery costs are sky rocket. Anyone tried it? If yes how do you buy from them and let them send you the products?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought anything on Taobao.com. My policy - purchase items from online sites based in my country. It's the only way to ensure you understand their policies and possibly go some place local to return a product.

3. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    But when It comes to price comparing then the Chinese website will have the same product, same quality but a lot cheaper in prices. Like I bought a gaming keyboard and a mouse from the official website and it costed me around 160 Euros when I compared the prices to TaoBao I could've saved around 50 Euros easy.

4. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Hello, I am a taobao agent for overseas custumers, like you, who wanna buy goods from taobao or some Chinese shopping sites. I have shipped to Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Netherland etc.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Am I sleepy and can't find it, or there's no English version on this website :confused: First time I hear about it, by the way. I did some shopping on dx and buyincoins and had a good experience. The shipping was free and the items I bought were cheaper than similar ones of the same quality that I could've bough in local stores.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm slowly becoming a fan of Chinese websites for my small item purchases.

6. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    My Chinese friend actually told me about it and he would often help me find stuff there. The price is really good compared to going to the mall. Also, the choices there seem endless. I'm not surprised as China has been known to be the manufacturer of the world and so it's common for them to have a lot of items.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The website is completely in Chinese, so you really need to have an agent that can assist you to purchase from that store. I have no intent to buy from that store, since I'm already content buying from Ebay, dx, focalprice, and buyincoins.

8. love_paradise

love_paradiseNew Member

Threads:
    I am from China and I have my own jewelry store with pearl finished. As you said, the things are cheaper on Taobao. I am not sure whether three is English or not. but I can help if you do want to buy something there. Anyway, I have had bought things there. You are protected there like ebay.

9. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Taobao for about 5 times and it has always been a good experience. I was happy with the item that I was able to purchase and they were indeed much cheaper as compared to buying from other sites or even buying from eBay. However, I had a Chinese friend helping me in communicating with the seller, so I'm not sure if it's the reason why it was a relatively hassle-free experience.