Target Bathing Suits?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SEA81 • May 24, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever bought a woman's bathing suit from Target? I found one I really liked, but it's a little more expensive than I thought it'd be. Before I buy it, I want to make sure it's going to last more than a few swims or become shapeless after a few washes. I bought one at Wal-mart once, and it was worn within a week or two! That said, Target always has such nicer clothes than Wal-mart and even nicer than some things you'd find at a department store.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a couple of bathing suits from Target. I can definitely say that last longer than a few washings or swims. Target does have much better quality than Walmart...by a mile. ;) Overall, I would say that bathing suits are more expensive than they used to be.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't bought any from there in a few years, so I don't know if maybe their quality has changed since then. I do know that at that point, though, yes, it was much better than any Walmart one could've been and lasted me a few seasons of swimming.

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    1 recommendation I have. Wherever you buy your suit from, don't put it through the washing machine. After each swim rinse it in the sink- just let it soak awhile. Obviously if you are at the beach and it gets dirty you might need to wash it but wash it in cold, on a gentle cycle and NEVER put it in the dryer.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have had a different experience. Usually I buy tops from Target and they are of OK quality - I never buy jeans or dress clothes there because I would rather not risk it but the tops are usually just ok. I bought a bathing suit at Target once and the very first day it saw salt water the color bled right off and actually stained my skin. In addition the strings between my thighs wore off immediately and I essentially ended up in a thing like bottom - not cool.

6. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I usually trust Target more than Walmart. I've bought some really cute stuff at Target that seems to last, but never a bathing suit. I bought one from Land's End last year that I am really happy with. It came from their sale part of the catalog and was actually pretty reasonable. It still looks new after a whole season. We'll see what happens this year...

7. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Target has gone up and price, but not in quality. I don't imagine that the quality between a Walmart and Target swimsuit would be much of a difference. For those worrying about quality, it would be best to search elsewhere. When I need a cheap suit I go to Victoria's Secret website, and go through the clearance section. If you purchase swimsuits in August, you can buy a very stylish bathingsuit for less than $20. Any other time, you can probably get one for around $40 dollars. If you get a classic print, the bathingsuit can last for years and not go out of style. Walmart and Target bathingsuits have a higher chance of just being disposable.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that Victoria's Secret sold bathing suits! I have never had a problem with Target swimsuits and they are stylish...at least in my area. My favorite place to buy a swimsuit is Ross Dress for Less. But I will definitely check out Victoria's Secret.

9. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    If you can wait for it to go on sale, Target usually marks clothing down pretty regularly.

10. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have not gotten a new swim suit in years. I have 3 that I use every year. They are still fine. I wash them in cold water and hang them to dry. Sometimes the heat of the dryer melts the spandex.

11. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    The first bathing suit I have ever purchased was from Target. The price was not dirt cheap but the quality was great and so was the fit. Since then I have purchased bathing suits from other places and nothing was better than the bathing suit from Target. I would definitely purchase one from Target any day.