Target Tips

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by blur92 • Feb 23, 2015.

1. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:

The link is to a list of 16 secrets you may have not known about Target. I only knew about a couple, but the majority were a pleasant surprise! Particularly numbers 3 and 4 stood out for me; according this part of the article you can tell if an item will be marked down to a lower price or not. I am the kind of person to wait for an item to go on sale so that is extremely relevant to me.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    What an interesting list! Some of them I definitely didn't know about Target. I definitely didn't know about the little number on the top right corner, nor did I know about the return-by-mail-for-free deal. That's pretty cool!

Too bad I don't shop at Target as frequently as I would like; it's a bit far from where I live so I go once every few weeks.

3. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Although I do not frequently visit Target, I will use these tips when I do. I actually knew the trick to find out when an item would be marked down. As far as I know, Target is the only store that does this. However, I will update you if I see these tags in a different store.

4. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    That is interesting. I do often see their clearance items at the Goodwill, so I do know they unload certain things there. The funny thing is that sometimes the item will be so drastically marked down (because GoodWill leaves the Target tag on so you can see the markdowns) that the price Goodwill asks for it is more than the price Target wanted! That always gets me.

5. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    That's crazy! I have never ran into a like incident, but I haven't been to Goodwill in awhile. I don't shop at Target often either, however, when I do it is for clothes and not groceries because they can have some great deals on the clearance rack.

6. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, for example they will have kids t-shirts marked down to .98 cents on the tag, but Goodwill wants 1.50. Or I saw a pack of children's underwear marked down to 4.98, and Goodwill wanted 8.00. Or once they had a huge lot of kids character cups, marked down to .98 and Goodwill wanted 1.00. I know that one is only a few cents, but the point I felt was that there were over 40-50 cups, Target couldn't get rid of them for .98, but Goodwill wants to try for a 1.00.

I guess I just take issue with Goodwill at times because although a lot of their stuff is a great deal, other stuff is extremely overpriced considering it is old, used, and was given to them for free. Like at Halloween they had racks and racks of used, old costumes they wanted $10-20 for each!

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Pretty cool stuff. Didn't know about a lot of those. Particularly interested in when certain items will be marked down. Didn't know there was a schedule to it. I mostly shop for food, books, and household supplies at Target. Though I sometimes buy work out clothes there as well. They have some pretty good deals on Champion products. Thanks for the link. As a regular Target shopper I found it pretty interesting.

8. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Their deals on Champion branded clothes are fantastic. I've bought several shirts from there along with Mossimo. Also, why do you primarily by groceries at Target? It is much pricier there in comparison to other supermarkets, and that is even with using coupons.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    That is great information about Target, I did not know about the price ending digits, but I am going to be sure to look for them now. As a matter of fact, I just checked a clearance body wash I bought 3 days ago, and sure enough, the last digit of the price is $0.04, which means that this is the final markdown price. The body wash only cost me $2.94 for a large size, and it was regularly $5.

10. blur92

blur92Active Member

Threads:
    Nice! It seems like everyone in this thread is most surprised by the price's ending digits. That includes myself. I wonder if any other stores have a similar system. I don't think it could just be Target that functions in this way.