Target vs. Walmart?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by KNH • Jun 27, 2012.

1. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Which store do you prefer, Target or Walmart?

I have always liked Target more, as I think it is cleaner. However, my roommate and many of my other friends shop at Walmart more.

I know Walmart tends to be cheaper, but do you think you really get the same quality?

2. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've always like Target more than Walmart. One, there are more locations nearby than Walmart. The nearest Target for me is about 15 minutes away via bus/three miles away. The nearest Walmart, however, is 10 miles away and really out of the way to reach. I only remember going there once or twice, and only because someone drove me there. It was really crowded from what I remember and I didn't see any staff working to put things away aside from the usual cashiers. Target however has always been pleasurable because it's bright, clean, organized, and the bathrooms don't stink (literally and metaphorically)!

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I must say I am a WalMart gal myself. I like Target when I need something I can get generally anywhere and don't want to go too far but I often find myself looking for more variety when I get there. I prefer shopping at WalMart because of the selections and the prices.

4. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    As far as the shopping experience go, Target is the place to be. I've heard this from most people I've discussed it with. They say that Target is cleaner, it's easier to find what they need and the staff is much more helpful. I don't have a Target anywhere near me and I usually go to Walmart unless I can avoid it. That said, I have been to a Target before and it was basically the opposite of Walmart in many ways. Walmart does tend to have lower prices, though.

5. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I prefer target over walmart because of quality even though walmart has lower prices on some things the quality of the products are not that good target has more long lasting things there and plus i can't get away from my starbucks right inside target :)

6. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    Even though Walmart is closest to me, I prefer going to Target hands down. While some of the staff did seem a bit snooty, they were very professional about their jobs. And I find Target to be a very clean environment compared to Walmart. Walmart seems to be much cheaper, though. Depending on the product I am purchasing, Target seems to sell the same things at a little bit of a higher price. I'm all about saving a buck if possible. I think the quality of items is the same...for the most part.

7. sniderman

snidermanNew Member

Threads:
    Without hesitation - TARGET.

8. MissMin11

MissMin11New Member

Threads:
    My family shops at Walmart more, because everything is a bit cheaper. However, if I had the extra money I would shop at Target. The quality of items is just a bit better and the store has an overall better atmosphere. As an added bonus, I love the Dollar Spot at Target. I always find a couple of small things to buy when I am there.

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to go to Walmart more because we have a Super Walmart. If I need a few things and also some food, I can do it in one place. I do think Target is a nicer store tho and I do sometimes go there. We have both stores across the street from each other.

10. dreamchaser

dreamchaserNew Member

Threads:
    I like Target better because honestly, it's less of a pain to go shopping there. Instead of the plain bland whiteness of Walmart, it feels like there are other people there that you can relate with. When I go to Walmart, it feels like an idustrial warehouse, almost like Costco where it's kind of hard to access customer service. As for prices, I really don't see much of a difference except for black friday sales which Walmart tends to be better at.

11. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    Target is a bit smaller, and I have to say, that's why I like it. In my city, there's a law against big box companies like Walmart opening a store within the city limits, and since Target wasn't technically considered one of those, they were allowed to open here. However, not that long ago, a Walmart opened just outside of city limits, close to the Target. I took a look there and it just doesn't feel as customer-friendly than Target. Target has a friendlier atmosphere it seems over Walmart.

12. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I think, compariatively speaking, that if you are looking for a higher end "big box" shopping experience then Target is your store. If you are looking for a bargain and don't care as much about atmosphere, then Walmart will do. I have no idea why I feel this way since both stores offer the same type products and a discounted price point, but the folks that manage brand identity have done a great job in elevated my opinion of the type of store than Target it.

13. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    I find Walmart to have a wider range of products that I'm looking for, especially in electronics. And as mentioned here, they are usually cheaper.

14. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I much prefer Target. It tends to be a bit more expensive, but I appreciate that the items there tend to be of slightly higher quality and last longer than the ones I get at Walmart. I also don't like how it seems that Walmart treats some of its employees, though I do have some cousins who work there and they do not mind it. For me, it's Target all the way :)

15. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends what the main item I need to purchase is. Certain products tend to be cheaper in one store than the other, and there is a good distance between the Target and Walmart near my house. So where I am at when I need to go determines which I go to as well. I prefer Target, but usually go to Walmart. Generally the locations are more convient for me and prices are generally cheaper. Plus they compete with the local stores, so I know if a Target and Walmart are in the same general area, Walmart is going ot have the cheaper products.

16. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    The only reason I go to Walmart is because the prices are cheaper. Their customer service sucks and there's always long lines. Target has a friendly atmosphere, cashiers are more willing to help you find something. The selection is better as well in my opinion, it seems more trendy than at Walmart. I don't mind paying more at Target when I have a little extra spending money, it's definitely worth it.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target over Walmart. I don't necessarily find Walmart that much cheaper. I suppose it depends on what you're buying.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target over WalMart. I only go to WalMart for the most specific of specific deals and if I can, I'll buy it online and have them send it to me. WalMart would have to be overwhelmingly cheaper than most stores to get me to be a regular shopper. I'll pay a slight premium for peace of mind and order when I walk around a store.

19. joe128139

joe128139New Member

Threads:
    Target all the way. You can't really beat Walmart on price; but I find the customer service experience to just be absolutely horrible. Plus the kind of customers that frequent the stores are less than savory. I'll pay a little more to feel comfortable, thank you.

20. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Target, every time. Better company, better items, superior customer service. I will not set foot in a Walmart unless absolutely necessary.