Target

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by imlulut • Apr 19, 2015.

1. imlulut

imlulutNew Member

Threads:
    The other day I went to target and I was so excited about getting a lot of stuff, and then when I actually went there. I hated almost everything. I usually love everything I find at Target, Like literally everything. But I hated almost everything there. No good Shirts or shoes, or anything. Was so sad.

2. Rowan

RowanNew Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go to target for clothes. I mean they have clothes there, but I would prefer going to stores that specialize in selling clothes. Target probably doesn't pay as much attention to these things as much as other stores like Kohl's.
    Both are cheap, and it is just my option but I would much rather go to Kohl's than target to buy clothes.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    While I like Target, the one thing in particular that I learned to not buy there are men's clothes. They are largely way too cheaply made, and shrivel up and fade too quickly. I know they have been getting some buzz lately for some new designer line of Womens clothing which has apparently sold out, but I've never seen any good mens clothing there. Even Wal-Mart sells better clothing than Target - Wal-Mart at least carries some quality brands, like Fruit of the Loom. Target carries their store brands such as Merona, which are just cheap and flimsy clothing trying to masquerade as a higher end brand. In all fairness, Target probably already knows that haven't really cornered any markets on Men's clothing in the first place, and merely have it there as an afterthought. But until they make some efforts to improve their offerings, I'll pass.

On the other hand, I've been generally pleased with their pharmacy, food, personal hygiene and houseware products and selection. They have great prices on stuff such as Nivea Mens Body Wash, which sells for like $3 a bottle, when it's like $6.50 or more elsewhere. Their home decor is rather nice too for the price, especially when you snag it on clearance. They also have a reasonable selection of electronics, when you don't feel like dealing with places such as Best Buy.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Our Target is fairly new, so I’ve only been shopping there for a few years. I find their apparel departments very hit-or-miss myself. I’ve bought some of my cutest clothes from there, but some weeks I’ll just find myself bored by everything they carry. Seems to happen most in spring and summer. Actually, on occasion I think the girls’ apparel is cuter than the women’s apparel... maybe I need to rethink my style, haha.

I don’t know if it’s just our Target, but I’ve found some of the pricing on food items to be incredibly arbitrary. Which can be advantageous, when most of the items in one brand are, say $6-ish and a couple of items in the same brand are $2-ish. I’ve stumbled upon a handful of excellent deals like this just by keeping my eyes open. A lot of the personal care items are also great deals.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what I would do if I went to Target and found that they didn't have anything good to buy, lol, I love that store:D. I'm on a strict budget (supposed to be), so I guess it would be a good thing if sometimes I found nothing good to buy there.
    I've heard that different Targets give you a different shopping experience, so I guess the one that I go to is really good, because they always have good stuff.

6. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I love shopping at Target for children's clothes, specifically infants and toddlers. Those clothes are always super cute, and since the kids grow out of them so quickly, you don't have to worry about seams coming apart, etc. Aside from those sizes, I won't shop for adult or even juniors clothing there.

Aside from clothing, I like their housewares, beauty and food departments. I also love walking around the accessories (handbags, scarves) department, as well as the jewelry department. Clearance sections are always well worth the effort going through at Target

7. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSportsActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy a lot of the things that I happen to find inside of Target. I bought a red beanie hat the last time I shopped for clothes inside of target. I almost bought a pair of the USA Mens Soccer team shorts whenever the world cup was happening. I have never been let down by Target when it comes to anything except the prices.

8. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Shopping at Target is always "therapeutic". I appreciate the goods they sell there. Almost everything I want to see, and purchase, is there. Even if it's only for browsing around and eye on some items I would save up for the next time I go visit and be ready to buy.

It's autumn, and I 'm again, preparing to have a look at children's winter coats, jackets, scarves and bonnets. Oh, yes, a pair of boots for me. At Target, items are at reasonable prices for early birds.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not a place to look for clothes, but is handy for basics like socks or underwear. Some stores have branded sportswear and underwear which is good for a browse, but in general it's a place for emergency buying.

I prefer the household goods and food as their own branded items tend to be good value and a lot cheaper. It also depends on the size of the Target as I have been to smaller ones and been disappointed.

10. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    When you go to Target, do you take advantage of their store-specific App, Cartwheel? After Christmas, I went to Target (armed with coupons, of course!) to see if they had discounted Glade candles in the holiday scents, and they did. They also had an additional savings through the Cartwheel app. I scored big on the Glade candles and loved the scents they had like apple cinnamon and sugar cookie.

Are you a Cartwheel user?

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m going to start using Cartwheel at my earliest convenience. In fact, since I’ve been paying better attention to prices I’m considering switching the majority of my grocery shopping to Target. They already have awesome deals on a lot of my staple items, and if I might be able to save even more with Cartwheel, hey, why not? Certain other stores have better deals on a few things, but it would be nice not to have to stop at 2-3 places in one trip. Or to be able to reduce my multiple-store visits to a couple of times a month.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever go to Target, simply because I can't stand the overwhelming smell of plastic and chemicals. Once I wanted to buy some underwear, but I didn't get far, as I felt really nauseous from all the artificial odors. I didn't want to think about all those commercial dyes and other chemical ingredients that are contained in clothes these days. And I definitely didn't want to take the risk of buying anything that could compromise my health.

13. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I find that target can be hit or miss on clothing. I usually just get basic pieces there. I love their tanks and tees. They are very soft. I also tend to like their cardigans and they will occasionally have a good cut on a dress pant. They do not make up the bulk of my wardrobe though. I tend to bargain shop though, so I buy pieces that match other pieces I already have in my closet.