Target

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dorothymoreno • Mar 4, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Here where I live we only have two major stores to shop at I guess you could call them other then the dollar stores and the small mall we have. Now they are building a Target store and I can't wait. When I used to live in Texas I went there a couple of times and i really liked shopping there. From what some of my friends have been telling me, Target has gotten to be really reasonable with their prices and I am so ready to go somewhere else or at least have another store to choose from, other then Wal mart and K mart. How do you feel about Target? :D

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Nice choice for shopping

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I always liked Target because they do carry such a wide vareity of products and at pretty darn good prices. Everytime I go into Target, I always take a few minutes to check out clearance items. I have found some pretty amazing deals there on everything from kids clothing to house goods. I have also been surprised to find that they sometimes carry xBox360 games cheaper than other places. Target is one website that I will consistently use to compare online prices with other stores.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Target. I have always prefer Target over Walmart. They carry a wide range of brands including their own generic brand which is pretty darn good. They have weekly sales. The circular is in the Sunday paper. Target can be a madhouse on Sundays though. I usually wait go during the afternoons on a weekday to go shopping.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure I don't have a target but I have shopped online at target and it seems they have really high prices I was comparing prices on some toys not to long ago and they were a lot higher than walmart or kmart so i'm not sure what to think they might have lower prices on other things but I know forsure on toys for kids they are very high in price.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Also they I have seen on their site that they are high on clothes as well maybe it's just more expensive online than in store i'm getting one built in my neighborhood close by as well so maybe in store it will be cheaper I know they have extremely high shipping charges I order a toy phone that I liked and couldn't find at walmart and the toy weighed under a pound and I got charged almost 16 bucks just to have it shipped that's just crazy.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered a real phone from Target because it was red and sleek and I saw it used on a reality show on MTV. The shipping on that little cordless house phone was insane, like $14.

Say what you will about Walmart but they have free shipping with Site to Store, so even if an item costs $300, you will not have to pay shipping as long as you go pick it up at Walmart. Or if you buy at least $45 of items that qualify for Homefree shipping, you can have them shipped to your home for free.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    What I like about Target is the variety of products they carry and their prices are very competative. The fact that they also have great items in their discount racks as well as their weekly deals has got me looking in their store first whenever I need to buy something for the house or the family.

9. effy

effyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm actually okay with Target. They're building one in my community. The prices are decent!

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I really love Target! Their overall selections are usually better than walmart and similar stores, the people that shop there (and park there :p) tend to be much less obnoxious in my town and I actually love their store brand and dollar spot. Plus they have tons of coupons on their website all the time. I usually end up buying more than I came in for, but I still leave happy ;).

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Target a lot as well. Their employees are generally much more helpful, and the cashiers keep the lines moving, unlike Wal-Mart. I love their end cap sales, especially when they steeply discount their home decor at the end of a season. Their prices vary, like many stores, they're much cheaper on some items, but also more expensive on others. You just need to go in there knowing what to get and avoid the products they charge more for. For example, they sell Nivea Mens Body Wash for only $2.99, where most other stores charge over $5 for it.

12. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    Oh yes I love their clearance items, they have some really good deals for sure, I have also seen a lot of the xbox games there at Target a lot cheaper then other stores and that is a big plus because the kids and even us sometimes like to play xbox and get new games often, lol. Thank you for your reply.

13. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    This is true they do keep the lines moving and are nothing like Wal mart because they take forever to move you through the line and sometimes they can be really rude. Also you are right about the prices there a lot things that are cheaper and there are some things that are more expensive. I also like the way the Target store is always really clean and nicely organized. Thank you for your reply.

14. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    They have some things cheaper then other stores and also there are some things more expensive, you just have to compare prices and that way you come out ahead.:)

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't checked out Target online. There are two Target stores in my area. One just open a couple of years ago. The other was suppose to close, but it was too popular so it's still open. I can walk to both stores with no problem. The average person wouldn't do it, but I like to walk.

Target's clothes are higher priced than Walmart. They are also better quality. Walmart clothes usually fall apart after a few washing or worse....they get those little fury balls. I still have two swimsuits that I bought from Target two years ago. They have held up surprising well.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really thought about it, but you are correct. Target employees seem to be a lot happier and more helpful than Walmart employees. It's been my experience that many Walmart employees stand around b*tching about their jobs. It really leaves a bad impression. I really don't like shopping at Walmart for this very reason. I used to work retail and I understand the frustrations that come with a job like that, but complaining in front of customers is never cool.

17. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target to Walmart for the items offered by the stores. The style of clothes offered at Target are more to my liking than Walmart. Different items at each store has each own price point. I was looking for a new cell phone it was higher at Target than at Walmart, so of course I get the phone at Walmart.

I love the purses at Target.

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way about target as I do about Walmart.
    I love the deals they offer every week and the coupons that they offer as well.
    I personally go to target more than I do Walmart just because it is so much closer to me. I usually buy things from Walmart online so target is my go to store in general.

19. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I actually like Target more than walmart or kmart. When I was young I remember always having to shop at K mart and I always felt so uncool. Now I think Target has really nice things but I still wont shop at kmart!

20. nikki_luvv

nikki_luvvNew Member

Threads:
    I love Target, like a lot of other people here have already said they have so many items in their stores, and the locations near me even have some groceries. I've found many tops and pairs of pants in Target on their clearance racks. I receive compliments on those tops all the time and yep their from Target. A few decorative items in my home are also from Target. I will say though, that anytime that I've ordered an item on Target's website I've had some type of delivery issue. Either the item is out of stock after I've placed the order, or they deliver a broken item. I don't have any issues in their stores. My Target will also take a few cents off of your purchase if you bring in a reusable bag instead of using their plastic bag.