Target

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kad613 • Jun 11, 2013.

1. kad613

kad613New Member

Threads:
    Target is coming to our area in September. I'm curious to know if this will be a good place to shop? Can anyone let me know if they offer good discounts on products? What is their product quality and is it worth all the hype that seems to be going on at the Mall near where I work?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I've been to target, but when I do go there they have some nice quality things. I really enjoy the accessories they have like purses and earrings. If your town is opening a Target Super center that is even better because they sell grocery items as well. Target is definitely worth the trip to check out over some of the higher priced malls.

3. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love Target. If it is a super Target, then you are in luck. Lately Target's prices have been lower than Walmart! I purchased multiple cans of namebrand soup for .88 cents when they are originally $2.00. Their Archer Farms brand is also very tasty and gourmet. There are stylish clothes, great cosmetics and overall just a more hip feel than most other chains.

4. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    There's a Target near me, and I think it's pretty good overall. There's a little fast-food restaurant and I occasionally go there to buy some popcorn and soda. The popcorn they make is really good though. Shopping-wise, I don't really go there very often since there is a mall near me.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have always had really good luck with Target and their prices are better than the shops in our local mall. When my kids were younger, I would always check out the clearance racks in the kids clothing department. I would almost always find some really good buys on them. Once I found t-shirts for my son on sale for just $0.75 each. Yep, I loaded him up with lots of t-shirts! I also compare their online prices with other stores like Best Buy. I have been able to find xBox360 games and computer accessories for less at Target than anywhere else.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had any bad experiences with Target. I remember there was a time when I was living in a neighborhood where there wasn't one and everybody protested initially when they opened it up, but since then everybody has been happy with it. I don't live in that neighborhood anymore, but I still travel there sometimes to go to Target, haha!

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also getting one in my town finally and I have heard it's going to be really good. They are always having some type of specials and deals on their items I can't wait till it opens up mines will be opening any day now.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best thing about Target is that they have good design for affordable prices. They get designers like Isaac Mizrahi and Missoni to design budget lines for them. They even have famous architects and industrial designers like Michael Graves designing housewares for them. Their Sonia Kashuk cosmetics are supposed to be professional grade.

If you have designer tastes , Target is for you. I adore Walmart, but I admit that Target has more stylish housewares. When Target first came out with that metal Eiffel Tower lamp in 1998, I ran out and bought it like everyone else.

I hate how high the shipping is on Target.com so I'm applying for their debit card. The Target debit card charges your checking account, but it saves you 5% on your purchases and gets you free shipping.
    To me the free shipping is huge because expensive shipping charges were the main reason I wasn't buying from Target.com.

9. SuperSecretSanta

SuperSecretSantaNew Member

Threads:
    We like Target. There's a super Target near our home and it's always well stocked -- even sales items. I have to say that our favorite thing is the REDcard. That 5% off really does make a difference and free shipping at Target.com gives Amazon a little competition in our household.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I love target and I'd say that you are very lucky to have one being built near you.
    I feel like target just keeps getting better and better with their prices and the quality of their clothing in general.
    I have bought a countless amount of shoes and makeup for half off and it's never felt better to save this amount of money.
    I highly recommend to check it out.

11. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    for the first time i am getting with the name of Target as the mega store has not opened up any store to the location i belong .. hopefully anytime in future it may get there ..

12. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Target is nice. You can always find sale items or discounted items. I never had any bad experience during my shopping in Target.

13. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    Target is my favorite store. I'm there far too often. Of course there isn't any one store that has the lowest price on everything (don't let those Walmart commercials fool you!) but Target is definitely one of the cheaper stores around. They usually have the best prices on things like soap, shampoo, Ziploc bags, etc. All the basic stuff that everybody needs. They also have good prices on toys, and as a mom of two I certainly take notice of that. They have really good sales too, especially end of season sales, and before and after Christmas. I got a play kitchen for my girls right after Christmas one year that was marked down to $20 from the original price of $80. That's a huge savings!

14. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard lots of good things about Target, and from my experience they have excellent brands. Unfortunately, I have not experienced very good prices at Target.

15. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I've never shopped at Target while I was in the States, or online, but based on what I've seen on the commercials, and what they have to offer online (and I have to admit that their offering is quite limited online), I think they have quality products at very reasonable prices. I love the clothes that they offer as well as the furnishings that they have available.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love Target...they always have reasonable prices and a lot of sales, on top of their constant stream of around 30 pages worth of coupons on their website that you can print. Very good stuff :).

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We just got a target not too long ago. And I must say its pretty good on toys for kids it's a lot better than walmart toys seem cheaper and they have a better selection. Clothes are a little more expensive but it's cause they have a wider selection and better quality.

18. romanesc

romanescNew Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what type of Target is coming to your area, whether it’s a regular store or a supercenter that also sells food. Regardless, Target is a great place to shop, however it can sometimes be expensive, at least in my area. Sure they regularly offer some promotions, but overall they do charge more than some of the other similar stores.

The prices they charge however, is not necessarily a bad thing, as Target supports local schools and other good causes. This store is very generous in its donations and is involved in its community. They also for the most part sell high quality products.

19. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    I am a fan of Target. They are a bit more expensive than say, Walmart, but do some great sales. I would only buy clothing there on sale.
    Their stores are very clean with wide aisles. Salesclerks seem pretty helpful. I never heard how they treat their employees. Sales are usually on end caps; check those first.
    Their grocery products, new to my city, are a bit higher but I have also gotten some good deals at Target. Hope you like yours!

20. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    For dinner last night, we had Target brand chicken breasts. $4.99 for a bag of six and they were very tender and delicious and large. We have leftovers. I was pleased with it.