Tax Free Holidays

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jessi • Nov 17, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have never lived in a state that had one of these, so this is the first time I'm hearing of it.

It looks like they're mostly in August, so about the time that people are shopping for back-to-school supplies. I bet you could save quite a bit of money by only shopping for clothes around that time of year instead, to skip the extra 6-8% tax on every item like usual.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know such a thing exited in this day and time. So that is good to know and when I need something I can shop around that time of year to save on the taxes. That is a great way to save that is for sure. I can inform all of my friends so they can do the same. Great information for all of us.

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness! If our premier up here in Ontario saw this, he would ban this website from ever being seen from the provincial constituents. This man absolutely loves taxes and he never saw a tax he didn't like.

In all seriousness, though, why can't every month have at least one tax holiday? It's such nonsense that we have all of these federal and provincial (state) sales taxes, especially of things that are deemed as essential. How about this? Government cuts back and in the process cuts back on these taxes?

Thanks, Jessi, for getting me started!

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder if there are any year-round tax holidays. Note it would be like on eBay where certain products have free shipping year round. Anyway, I think it would be an awesome gimmick to get more business for a seller.