Taylor Swift’s new album 1989 and single Shake it Off!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Aug 21, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I’m a big Taylor Swift fan and love her music, so when she announced she would be having a live stream this Monday I had to watch it! Taylor announced her new single, called Shake it Off, her music video for this song, and the name and launch date for hew new album – called 1989 and to be released on October 27th!

She says this album will be mostly inspired by the late 80s music, and it will be her first official pop album, so no more country/pop for her. She is officially a pop artist! I’m not sure how I’ll like this opposed to her earlier work. I liked the country vibe and I don’t love 80s songs that much, but we’ll see how that goes!
    I liked the first single, Shake it Off. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but as I listened to it more and more (say, 20 times) it grew on me and now I love it! I also absolutely loved the music video, and highly recommend you to go watch it! It’s available on Youtube on Taylor Swift’s Vevo channel.

Do you like Taylor Swift? What did you think about the new single?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the video, and it doesn't seem authentic to me at all. She's trying to do all the trending dances and styles, and she just seems like an "old woman" trying to be cool. I know she's 23, but she just has an awkward, uncool spirit. The twerking especially seemed like a cry for attention, and was annoying to watch.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Well it was a pretty okay song I guess (Shake It Off). I'm not really a fan of Taylor, I don't like how she keeps her image intact for some reason and then turns a complete 360. I watched the video and to be honest it doesn't seem like she's, I don't know I don't want to comment anymore I'm becoming a hater.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I now have her 1989 album and pretty much all of the songs are awesome. I'm a fan of Taylor too and was really thrilled that she released a new album. I've been listening non.stop to the album the first few days i got it. I love Shake it off too, very catchy and it cheers me up.