Tea vs Juice

Discussion in Food & Drink started by classicnyer • Jul 17, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have a preference for tea, in part because of all the

(especially green tea), and in part because it's so incredibly cheap. You can get a 20-box of pretty good green tea at the grocery store, and a 100-box of kind of mediocre black tea at the 99-cent store for a dollar each. Four tea bags in a pitcher of water with some sugar and maybe a squeeze of lemon makes an awesome summer drink as far as I'm concerned.

My husband prefers to buy juice, though, at two dollars a box, and I can't imagine why he does this.

What about the rest of you?

#1Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely tea for me. That's mostly because I simply prefer the taste, though. Juice is way too sweet for me. I'm sure your husband prefers it simply because of the taste....and nothing to do with the price. Maybe he doesn't like tea or he really likes the sweet juice taste instead.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, I love tea. Not so much because of the price but because of the taste and the experience. No matter how I may be feeling...as soon as I have a lovely cup of tea - everything is right in my world. I loved tea since a child and it is the one product I cannot do without.

I like juice too...but I love tea!

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I drink green tea regularly and lemon slices in hot water. I only started so I could lose weight, and I did, rapidly. I usually add a blob of manuka honey to green tea, it gives it a nicer taste. I usually drink about two cups of green tea a day and one cup of lemon water.

I made a cup of(what I thought)was green tea the other day, added some honey and I sat drinking it while on my computer. Afterwards I became nauseated, not to the point were I wanted to be sick, but about half way there, watery mouth, sweats....Turns out I'd made a cup of black tea. The plastic bag for the green tea and normal tea were the same color and I couldn't tell the difference because of the honey I added. I noticed it was strong about half way through, but never thought anything of it and drank it all. It was the tannins from the black tea that made me feel sick and I'd to sit for twenty minutes and ride it out. :(

#4Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Tea for me, too.
    Juice bought from the store is just way too sweet. If we do have juice, I will make it at home instead of buying it. It is not as sweet and tastes so much better than store bought. It is also probably a lot less money to make it yourself.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I like both drinks, but I'm used to drinking tea. The tea gives the possibility of taking cold or hot, and has far more variety than juice. Anyway, I like fruit juice summer days or when it is hot, but tea is something I take every day. My favorites are black tea and green tea without sugar. I also like to try different combinations. I think they are two drinks that have a lot to give ... A competition between them is somewhat unfair.

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I would have to be the odd woman out and say juice. I do like tea but its something I have to be in the mood for. I usually enjoy tea when its cold out or when I'm under the weather but juice I can have at any time. I love juice and coffee with breakfast, I enjoy juice when Im thirsty (mostly water but juice too), I like a refreshing glass of cranberry with dinner at times. I just find tea to be a bit too herbal - I know thats redundancy but its true.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple juice and grape juice are too sweet to my taste. I like to eat the fruit. I love tea and usually get different flavors to make ice tea or hot tea. I have been drinking the green tea to help lose weight and detox my system.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I find juice to be too sweet as well, especially when it's from concentrate. He buys it all the time, so I drink it, haha, but I have to dilute it with water first or else it's just too much.

10. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I drink juice all the time or soy or water or carbonated water. I don't like tea. I do agree, though, that juice is outlandishly expensive. I also pay $1.97 for a two-litre container.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am also a tea drinker. I drink it for the antioxidants and I don't like how juice is just loaded with sugar. I'd rather get my sugar intake from a tasty dessert instead of a beverage.

12. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    When i was younger my mom was big on sodas in the house but as i got older i cut sodas out completely now i just drink green tea other then water. I think for me the tea feel better to my body to drink then just juice but i guess that depends on what kind you drink.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer tea over juice. Juice has a lot of sugar even though it's natural. I also find it to be too sweet. I will drink orange juice, but that's it. I love tea in most flavors, hot and cold.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone else find that if you get a very strong herbal tea like a hibiscus and add a lot of sugar it kind of tastes like kool aid?

15. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I start each day with a small glass of juice, but then I drink tea through the morning, and sparkling water later in the day. For around half of the year, we have freshly squeezed orange juice, as we live among orange groves and we can go help ourselves. However, for the rest of the year, I buy various juices when they're on sale. Orange, blueberry, cranberry and peach and grape are our favourites, and they're slightly cheaper over here than in the USA.

16. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink juice, at all. If I drink anything but water/coffee, it's green tea. Sometimes I will make chai green tea as well.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also a fan of tea, because it tastes good, it's versatile depending on whether you add lemon or mint, and it's cheap. Buying a low-priced box of black tea from Walmart lets me make 25 pitchers of iced tea for a lower price than what it would cost to buy 25 bottles/pitchers of a brand name drink. In my case, cost does matter because I'm trying to be frugal and save money to go towards my life goals and improve life for my child and I.

18. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I drink tea morning, noon and night. I drink it with milk and sugar. I never drank juice. Even as a child I did not like the juice. My only problem with the tea is all the caffeine I drink per day, and all the sugar I am taking in with the tea. I am addicted to my tea.