Teeth Whitener Home Remedy

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by PSLoveCharli • Apr 11, 2014.

1. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Hey all --

Looking to see if anyone knows of any remedy for a teeth whitener? I'm mostly an organic person, so I prefer going the all natural route, but that seems too far fetched as it seems like a chemical would need to be used to whiten teeth. Any suggestions would help though! Please let me know and also include process/results!

Thanks

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One word: banana peels. Scrub the inside of banana peels over your teeth for a week or so and see what happens. I also whiten my teeth by dipping my tooth brush into a mild food grade 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and then into baking soda. If you do this, try and get aluminium-free baking soda from a health food store and lean over a sink when you clean your teeth so that you don't swallow the baking soda accidentally. It won't hurt you if you, it just tastes very salty.

3. hollywoodwhitening

hollywoodwhiteningNew Member

Threads:
    All I did was use my normal whitening toothpaste and sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on top of it. Add one more pinch when the first pinch runs out and brush normally.
    Thanks for sharing...

4. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    This is the first I have ever heard of the banana peels but I will check that out. I was going to suggest the same thing with using the baking soda and peroxide. My mom use to always suggest that home remedy for teeth whitening, but I never used it consistently to see the real results.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we were young, our grade school teacher would check out teeth in the morning. That would motivate us to brush our teeth before going to school. For those children with yellow teeth, our teacher would advise them to eat sugarcane. That cane would be chewed to extract the sweet fluid and in the process would whiten the teeth.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Baking soda can also be used to whiten teeth. Extract some juice from a lemon [doesn't matter how you do it] and mix it with baking soda. Apply the thick paste onto your teeth. After 3 or so minutes brush your teeth. Do that daily for a week and you'll notice a significant change — you teeth will be white but don't overdo or else the enamel will be eroded [causing you more problems].

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    A couple of long standing herbal home remedies that would be worth a trying are

Licorice root - which can either be used as a brush or chewed

Sage - with its natural antibiotic, anti fungal and astringent properties works extremely well as a whitening agent - when powdered sage leaves are mixed with either baking soda or regular toothpaste or alternatively if your weren't after a super white finish - just brushing with sage leaves would do the trick.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is exactly what I do too. It tastes vile but it certainly does the trick!

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of the baking soda trick, but have yet to try it. I had a colleague who swore by it, and his teeth were really nice. Not over the top white, just a natural sparkly white colour. Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.

10. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I do a baking soda brush & rinse. I mix baking soda with enough lemon juice to make it a nice paste. If I had it in my house, I'd also add 3% hydrogen peroxide. I'd use a cotton swab and apply this paste to each of my teeth. I'd sit with my mouth open so the paste wouldn't transfer onto my mouth for roughly 30seconds to one minute. After this, I'd add some water to the mixture and make it into a rinse. Using this, I'd put it into my mouth and swish it around for anywhere from 1 minute to 5 minutes. After that, I'd brush my teeth using plain toothpaste to get the nasty taste out of my mouth and then I'm done. I do see results really fast however I recommend not doing this too often. These products, especially when used all together, tend to be a little abrasive so use your best judgement. At most, I did this twice a week but oftentimes it was only once a week.

I might try the banana peel trick but I hate bananas and their smell so I might just try and find other alternatives.

11. CleyoPatra

CleyoPatraNew Member

Threads:
    Try oil pulling. It is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health. You could use organic coconut oil as your oil.

12. Lorein

LoreinNew Member

Threads:
    Taking natural steps are good. As it did not have any side effect. There are several ways like you can make use of the baking soda, orange peels or lemon peels, this is best one as it also help to avoid bad smell of the mouth. Only you need to do is leave it in the mouth for a minute and wash off. Or else you can make use the Apple cider vinegar it is very easy to use just use it as toothpaste or rinse your mouth thoroughly with it.