Tennis lessons

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Peninha • Oct 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If anyone plays tennis or has lessons, that person does know how hard is it to learn. So, would you prefer to play in a recreational way, meaning just bad haha, or do you prefer to make the effort and the expense and learn the technique?

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    For me I would love to know the rules and styles of play even if I have no intention of playing competitively. It just for my own gratification, who knows I may end up becoming a coach one day. When playing for recreational purposes it is likely that your opponent may take it serious and as such you will want to represent yourself well.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I love Tennis, it is by far my favorite sport. Sadly, I don't have the means to take a class where I live, Tennis centers are few, and the ones near me are very expensive. If I ever get the chance of learning and playing regularly I will definitely practice to be as good as I can, but would only play for fun.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love tennis. It's my favorite sport to play too. I also watch most of the Grand Slam events. I have been playing since I was a kid. I have taken several lessons. They were group lessons. I learned a lot about technique. I was thinking about taking tennis lessons from the local junior college in the spring.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lucky you Parker, I just started with lessons in September, so I am having a hard time now. I will have to stop for some months just to learn the technique because it's impossible to play and to have lessons, both things don't mix.

6. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I had tennis lessons when I was a child, now I can play it pretty well. I like to play it from time to time, but I don't do it for performance anymore, it's only something recreational. If I were to pay now for learning it I probably wouldn't. It is a pretty big expense and I'd probably stick it with table tennis.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would rather spend a great deal of effort to improving my technique, no matter how hard it may be. If I am playing the wrong way chances are I will end up unlearned after a long run and not only that I would also be prone to injuries. Techniques are studied to ensure maximum efficiency and safety and security of the physiology of the body. If we learn them, then we'll be able to get to our maximum condition and play the best that we could. Once we are playing the best that we could, it would be more fun playing the game, and more inspiring. So it would be a game that we would be maintaining.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I will do, I have made up my mind, starting from January 2015 I am going to stop play tennis for a few months and I will start taking lessons twice per week to see if I can learn, I really love the sport to I am going to make the sacrifice.