Tent Dress

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DancingLady • Jul 5, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Tent dresses are one of the coolest women's garments out there. They are probably not considered fashionable right next w, but if you see you can make one for yourself out of any Fabric print you like. These cotton dresses are so breezy. Fashionable or not, I think it is well worth having one in hand for extreme heat when the most important thing is staying cool.

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few dresses like this and you are right they are quite comfy and cool to wear. My problem with them is that I look quite heavy when I do not get the right size and it is really hard to find this style and the right size!
    Because when it is too small, it is not comfortable. And when it is too large, well I look super fat in it lol.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm really not a fan of these type of dresses at all. They really do look like a tent on me and the few times that I have worn one, I've had to walk around holding the thing down to stop it from blowing up in the breeze!

I still wear it around the house from time to time though, it really is cool and airy.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well tent dresses are perfect for the summer. You can't very well go out bundled up under a sunny weather. What's more, the dresses don't cost much so you can always buy a number of them in one go without actually depleting your budget. I own around two or three tent dresses but since the current weather is rather cold and windy, I can't wear them for now.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dress that can be worn similarly to a tent dress, but I rarely wear it that way. It does feel good, though, especially on days when it’s too hot to exist. If I ever bothered going to the beach, I would consider something like a cheap tent dress.

6. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I love tent dresses. They are extremely cool and comfortable. I always wear them when I go camping. They are great to wear around the pool as a swimsuit cover up or just to wear when the weather is too hot. They are not so good to wear when it is breeze though because they are hard to keep from blowing up over your head. I have been there and done that. lol

7. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Wow, I hate these dresses. I hate them because like the title of the garment says they are a tent. If I was pregnant, I might wear one or many just because. I do not like the way they look on me.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, no, no. Like Sbatz said, the title of the garment says it all....they look like tents.

I really don't think they look flattering on anyone either. They might be comfortable, but I think there are plenty of other clothes that are just as comfy, but look better.

9. broadwaybabyss

broadwaybabyssNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really like tent dresses. They tend to give a non-existent shape. I like well fitting clothes, but I can see why it would be appealing in order to gain maximum comfort. I just wish there were more items that existed as both stylish or in fashion and comfortable.