Testing New Products For Free Is Fun !

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 17, 2015.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the last year or two, I have belonged to a program online called BzzAgent. They are a company that matches up consumers with products to try and sends you a sample, or a coupon to pick the item up at the store for free and try it. Then you report back and answer a little survey about whether you liked the product or not, and why.
    They ask you to fill out a profile, so they can know what products might be a match for you. For example, you won't receive cat food if you don't have a cat, and you would receive baby products if you have a baby; so it is specifically a product that you would have a use for.
    When they have a product that they think you would be interested in testing, they send you an invitation to try it, and you can accept or decline the offer.
    I have received a variety of things to try, and they give you a good size sample, usually worth at least $10. I am signed up for a campaign to try Seattle's Best Coffee this time; and I have tried specialty dog food for my little dogs, as well as some frozen food products, and other items.
    If you enjoy testing out new products and reporting back what you like (or do not like) about the product, then BzzAgent is a great program, and everything they send you is free.
    Here is a link for anyone who wants to try out this great program :

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a lot of fun, and a great way to save on some things. Do you think they would have much to offer a young single woman with no kids and only 2 birds as pets? I pretty much never qualify for surveys, so I am skeptical about ever being offered much of anything since I am not a mother. Pinch me hasn't gotten me anything...

3. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    @DancingLady@DancingLady , I think that you would still have things that you can try, even without a family. I am a senior lady; so no kids here either. I have received invitations for items like frozen vegetable dinners, and I think there was some kind of crackers that I tried. I know they will have different brands of yogurt, and many other food products; which is something we all have to do, is eat. The next thing they are sending me is coffee; but they also have products for your hair, face creams, and many other items like that.
    On their webpage, they usually have a list of the upcoming products that they will be testing, and new ones come up all of the time.
    Since it does not cost anything to join, and is a lot of fun when you have a product to try out; I can see no reason not to at least sign up and try it out.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady! I am going to sign up and test out some products. I recently was sent a food product to taste through one of the survey sites I use and it tasted really good. After testing the product I did a follow up survey that was quick and easy to complete.

5. MMercury

MMercuryNew Member

Threads:
    That sounds so awesome! I have a blog where I review products so this could be very useful for me and help me to keep my blog updated with new content. Thank you for sharing this! I'm going to give it a try.

6. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    That's actually very interesting because your basically getting products shipped to you for free! But only for the companies purpose of testing out their new products before they release. In my opinion it helps out the company and the consumer both ways because they give us the item and we review it for any flaws and imperfections.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've done Bzzagent before. It's easy and you get to try new products. It helps to be social and outgoing because sometimes you're given coupons and extra samples to give to others to create buzz about the product.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember getting emails from scammers not too many years ago.

We got a 42" Plasma TV for you to test. Yeah, right.

It's these people who made me lost interest in product testing but I think now that the URL of a legit site has been provided, I'll most certainly take a look, register and probably it could help me save a little bit of money.

9. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I have always wanted to try this. I've seen a lot of companies around the web offering free stuff like this but I never took the ads seriously because I assumed that they were scams. I think I'll try this one out. What sort of free products do you get and how much have you earned so far ?.

10. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this site before. Thank you for sharing it with us. It sounds like a great way to get to try out a lot of products before spendingyour money on them and then realizing you don't really like them. It is, also, a good way to find new products you may never have heard of before. I think I am going to check this site out and see what it is all. Once again thanks for sharing!

11. Ingrid Cazala

Ingrid CazalaNew Member

Threads:
    This is such a great idea however I live in Ireland and all of these things seem to be for Americans and sometimes for people in the UK.... One time I got a moisturiser from the Body Shop to test out but that was when I was living in France. I would love to do this but honestly I would love anyone who has any good suggestions for anyone not living in the US!

Honestly it is something that really interests me and would be such a good way to try out new products for free.

12. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up for this, then got sick, so I haven't gone back and filled everything out. I love the idea of trying out new products. I just got finished testing one that will pay $30, and I'm looking forward to getting that check. Even without the additional pay, getting free things is always nice. How involved is the feedback that they want? Is it a simple online questionnaire, or something that needs to be mailed?

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They have you fill out a review online ,answer some questions and sometimes post on social media.
    The main point of Bzzagent is for you to create a buzz about the product and spread the word.
    You're not supposed to just stay quiet and keep all the samples to yourself.
    When I sampled an air freshener, they asked me how people responded to the samples and where and how I told people about the product. In my case, I gave the samples and coupons to teachers at my daughter's school and they responded favorably to the scents ,so that's what I wrote.

14. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work for bzz agent. The last fe thigns thaye sent to me though were items I would have had to pay something for or I couldnt use so I opted to decline. I haven't heard from them since. At that time I didn't have a very wide social network so I probably wasn't the best candidate for a word of mouth sort of option. I am glad that Bzz works for some people, and it was initally a good program to paricipate in.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not actually enrolled in any products testing program, however I used to do this when I quit working for a marketing research company several years back.

Precisely working there was that I discovered all those sample items the companies used to send for testing or give away, but while working for them I couldn't get enrolled due to internal policy avoiding employees of marking agencies to participate.

Later, and then working on my own from home, I started to participate in those testing programs for a year or two.

16. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    Diane, I have never had to mail anything, just take an online survey about the product. They love it when you take pictures and post them as well. When we had the dog food to test, the dogs were smelling the package before we even opened the dog food, and I took pictures of that. I wrote a report about how well the dogs liked eating it, and also took pictures of the product on the store shelves at kroger.
    They give you extra points on your rating if you do extra stuff like taking pictures and things like that; but all that is required is for you to try the product and fill out the survey about how well you liked it.
    They also have little sruveys on their webpage, and I try to check there once or twice a month and do any new surveys that they have, usually about household products that you do or don't use.
    Every time you fill out a survey, that also raises your rating, and they said that the higher your rating, the more likely you are to be chosen for a campaign. They like to see that you are active and still interested.

17. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to do some of these, a few years back. I remember that one of the items I tested was a health food bar. It was better than I expected to be, so I wrote them a nice review. I didn't get anything else from that particular company, but I still got offers from some others.

I used to get some nice home products to test out too. One of those was the Rinse and Reuse Bounty paper towels. I liked those, but I never see them any more. Are they still a thing?

This might be worth a shot, since I used to enjoy testing stuff and reviewing it. Thanks for the share.