Tetris!!!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Treighsie • Oct 15, 2013.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Tetris is definitely my favorite game. I remember playing it on my NES (Nintendo) when I was a teen. I was addicted. I could play for hours, I dreamt about tetris!! I was pretty good too! Now, we have gotten tetris over the years. Right now we are hooked on the wii version. You can play against other people in different challenges... my husband and I play all the time! I beat him always on regular tetris, but he beats me on some of the other games, where you need to do other challenges... such as get a little guy to the top of the board by building him stairs. It's so fun!
    Now, my sons are getting hooked. They want to challenge us. I think it's great quality time with them. They are 14 and 12. Much better than having them play Call of Duty or GTA. They are playing tetris, learning about spatial relations and quick thinking and all that good stuff, and getting to challenge mom and dad, and eachother. You can actually play up to 4 people, but we only have 2 controllers. I need to get 2 more now!

Do you play Tetris? Do you love it?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. Tetris is one of those games in which you just can't go wrong with. Tetris is just very stimulating and its a game that you need to think. For example I would always choose this game for my children instead of the cod and war games because this is much more stimulating for their development.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm so through with Tetris! I played this years ago when I was still in grade school and I have no intention of playing it again of my newer consoles. I'd rather play Candy Crush Saga than play tetris. It's much more fun IMO. Also, if I want to try and improve my brain, then I'll just hook up the different brain games that I have like Brain Trainer and Brain Academy.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It's highly addictive, although honestly not as much anymore now that we have so many other options to fight boredom. Back in the day, however, when it was pretty much all that was there to do, I found it really impressive and the Tetris phenomenon was well deserved for such a good product.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I used to play Tetris on GameBoy Advance. I would stay up all night just to beat the game. I missed Tetris. I have found out there's Tetris on IPhone's App Store, which I was so excite to see that. It's a fun game, and I still want to play it!

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's one of those things that i forget, and then i am stuck somewhere, forced for time to go by and realize i have tetris on my mobile phone, and i play until i really have to stop or my battery dies, because otherwise i don't think i would be able to on my own.

7. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I love Tetris. The best version I have played is Tetris DS. It is really a masterpiece with Nintendo themed music and interesting puzzle mini games. I also own Tetris Axis on 3DS, but it is not nearly as good. It is fine as a Tetris game, but nothing special. Full retail Tetris games need to come with fun extras because you can basically play normal Tetris on any platform ever.

8. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't even realize there is tetris on the iphone. Hmmm... have to check that out! I prefer playing it with a controller, don't really like playing with buttons... but it's worth a try! Thanks!

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to play Tetris on my computer, it is a little different on the phone to play. It has been my favorite computer game to play to help relax. I enjoy the need to move quickly where you are going to put the piece as it falls to earn you more points. The highest score I have ever gotten was about 20,000 points.

#9Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  10. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    My first time playing Tetris was with the Gameboy. I loved playing the game and I always end up draining the battery in the Gameboy every time I bust some blocks on Tetris. It's probably the most popular game ever made even my parents (who knows nothing about video games) knows how to play it and they really loved it.