Texas Ebola patient dies

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 8, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, died Wednesday morning, said the Dallas hospital where he was being treated. Duncan, who is 42, was given the experimental Ebola drug brincidofovir, however, it was reported that he was not doing well and the hospital had downgraded his condition from serious to critical.
    Duncan may have contracted the virus in Liberia while taking a deathly ill neighbor in Liberia to the hospital in a taxi. He left Monrovia on a September 19 flight and arrived in the U.S. the next day. He started showing symptoms on the 24th of September and went to a Dallas hospital for treatment on Sept. 26. He was sent home, only to be brought back by ambulance on Sept. 28 and diagnosed with the deadly virus.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    This is very sad and very concerning. I hope they really look into what went wrong when he was sent home the first time. That never should have happened. If he had received the drug the day he went in the first time, maybe it would have been early enough to save his life. We'll never know, but we do know a lot of people were potentially exposed because of that error.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Its sad to hear about this case. And a bit scary because now that he has been in America it makes me wonder if the disease is spreading in that hospital or other locations he came in contact with. This Ebola thing is really getting out of hand lately. I wonder what the symptoms are? How could you tell the difference between just having a cold or the flu?

4. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I do believe that they are trying to do everything possible to control this disease, it i s unfortunate that they were not able to properly save this mans life. It only has caused a lot of concern over here and I hope that everyone who was in contact with this man is properly being handled with. I know that the symptoms begin with fever like discomforts and then followed by intense headaches and bleeding from all sorts of places.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This situation is sad and scary. When you first hear about the problem in another country far from home you think it is bad but when it gets this close to home you start to look at how this will affect us. We have questions and concerns about keeping ourselves safe from this disease. Before it gets out of control here.

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I am very concerned about this. It is scary to know that this can spread so quickly to our country. I feel sad for him and for his family. This is heartbreaking for all involved and should of been treated sooner. I hope since this terrible situation came to light there will be stricter rules and regulations set and hospitals will be more aware of this potentially happening again. We should all be on high alert.

Very scary...

Danyel :)

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    The symptoms of Ebola are very much like flu symptoms, except a few, like; bleeding, redness of the eye, vomiting and such the like, I think that the medical team in the World has this virus/ disease covered :) The only reason it has killed so many people is that those people didn't have enough medical help, in a new report, a 22 year old African woman helped nurse her family of 4, with only one dying, back to health, the only reason the one died was because he was far too young to withstand the severe symptoms, I think the entire outbreak of Ebola will die down again, hopefully this time for good.