Thanks for Amazon!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Allison2021 • Nov 28, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for Amazon!
    I never wait for Cyber Monday. Last night, I was online last night clicking on Amazon, Fragrance.net, and OneStopPlus.com because I really do not enjoy driving around in bad weather. If the weather and roads were clear and not icy then I would be out the door by 7:00 am. However, with icy conditions, and my economically distress state experiencing a shortage of salt, I am staying home, and shopping on line!

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that Amazon is awesome, too ! I never even try to shop on the days when they have the shopping specials like Black Friday. Usually, I even try to stay away from grocery stores and cafes on thos days and find things to do at home.
    We don't do much for Christmas anyway, so I am not even shopping for presents; just buying things that we need at home.
    Even when we were doing Christmas shopping when the kids were young, we pretty much avoided the stores on the busiest days. Not only are the stores packed, but it is impossible to find a parking space anywhere close to the store. Having to walk is not that terrible of a thing; but when the pavement is ice-covered, then it can get hazardous.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon also as they have saved me serious money on books. Their textbook prices are sometimes less than half of what my school charges. When I rent textbooks, that's an even bigger savings because unless a person always on campus and familiar with the student body, it can be hell to sell books. Kindle is also great because it lets me give some books a test run before buying.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped on Amazon yet, but hopefully I will one of these days, because it's now supported by 2 debit card companies here in my country. So far, my majority of online purchases has been with Ebay, and I'm mostly satisfied with the items.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    In the past few years I have only used Amazon one time, to order some books to send to a friend. I like to order from qvc if I'm ordering certain things. I like going out to the different stores to shop, but during the Christmas season, not so much. I haven't started any Christmas shopping yet, but some of it or a large portion of my shopping might be done online, maybe not through Amazon though.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The other day, my husband was wishing that he had a set of speakers for his iPad, so he could ue it out in the shop when he is working out there.
    I decided to check out Amazon and see what kind of specials they had on speakers. I found a set of bluetooth speakers that retailed for $99 , and were now on sale for just a little over $13 on Amazon. They are the iLove Mo Beats speakers and have great sound, and the iPad fits in the stand nicely.
    It is pretty hard to find a better deal than that anywhere, plus they also had the free 2-day shipping !

PS My husband loves his new speakers !

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon has totally changed the way we do shopping. I saw the pictures of the Black Friday madness and wondered who would possibly want to put themselves through that. I'm far more happy to do all the work and hassle through clicking than the real world stuff.

8. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    :confused: ... Has "Amazon" become 'the word people use to mean "online shopping"?' (the way people use "Google" as 'the word for online-searching')

I remember when people referred to 'using the Internet' as "Going to Yahoo! (or to Google or to MSN, AOL, myspace, facebook, etc.)"

And then they wonder why people flock to religions that are 'not-quite based-on-reality!'

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm very happy with Amazon as well, and not just for Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals...they have such a good variety but most significantly for me their customer service always exceeds my expectations, I've never had a hard time getting an issue resolved with them. I'm always so pleasantly surprised after the headache of dealing with most other customer service places in general.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping on Amazon. I also like Overstock, Ebay, Etsy, and Newegg as well. I have been looking at more and more shops online lately, so I will be using more of them this time around for Christmas shopping. We nearly always buy some stuff from Amazon, but I will be expanding my list of sites this year. I have always had good stuff and good service from Amazon so far, so why not keeping shopping there? It is definitely convenient and I like it. I will continue shopping there for a long time to come, and not just for holidays. I hope to see more sites like this as well.

11. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I am waiting for some gift cards to be emailed to me so I can use it to make some purchases for my nieces and nephews. Less cash out of the pocket. I cashed out at some survey sites where I built up points over the past few months.

12. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I love doing my online shopping on Amazon as well. As a student, I also found I can take advantage of essentially 6 months of free amazon prime. It seems like a really good deal, and I'm going to use it when I find myself doing the most online shopping. Love the fast and free shipping!

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now, Amazon is also offering free shipping for orders over $35. The items I planned to purchase as Christmas gifts added up to more than that anyway. I was happy to get the free shipping. Sometimes shipping eats up all the money you saved on discounts, if you're not careful. This worked out very well for us, since there is still plenty of time to receive our orders, even with the "slow" shipping.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also a huge fan of Amazon! It's like a one-stop shop for absolutely anything and everything; you need anything; just "Amazon" it. I especially like it for ebooks because I'm an avid reader, I get most of mine from there for reasonable prices. Plus from time to time they offer many free ebooks, which in these lean times is really helpful. Sometimes I even use it to find difficult to find products, even if I may not necessarily buy them from them.

15. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I love shopping at Amazon! your order is always protected, and you can find the best deals on some of the items your shopping for.