The Age Of Adaline - Review

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • May 5, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I saw this movie just a couple days after it was released because there really was nothing else playing that I was interested in.

The story itself is fairly interesting but there are a lot of scientific references that many would not understand unless they studied DNA. There are many flashbacks of Adaline's past which allows you to see how the character's physical styles altered through the decades, I personally found that very interesting.

The movie started off extremely slow but then progressed gradually with interest. A lot of the scenes were pretty predictable so the element of surprise was not very prominent.

I'd rate the movie 2.5/5 for their storyline because it was a little slow, I couldn't really stay focused and yawned a couple times.

For those of you who have watched the movie, what are your thoughts?

2. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree that the storyline was quite predictable. Although I could say Blake Lively was absolutely stunning! She was like Serena van Der Woodsen all over again.

Back to the movie... it was ok, not phenomenal and below my expectations. Still, I'd give it a rating of 3/5 :)

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen The Age of Adaline yet but this is already in my viewing queue. When you're not in the habit of watching indie films, then movies of this type will always appear slow. Perhaps there were implications you could not grasp unless you took the time to unravel their hidden meanings, but that's something to be expected of such films. They have a different pacing and vibe unlike the usual Hollywood flicks, which have a more commercial feel.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched Age of Adaline yet, but I have already seen its movie trailer and read its synopsis somewehere over the internet. I am now very intrigued about the whole storyline. Plus, Blake Lively is there. I adore her so much. Thank you for sharing! :)

5. peter021

peter021New Member

Threads:
    I have been anticipating this film in view of the story line. There are such a variety of things to like about it - the flashbacks are well done thus convincing. The outfits are so enjoyable to watch. I don't think I have seen Blake Lively act before and I was plainly spellbound by her execution. She conveys the film so well and is so calm and well done. I enjoyed the on-screen characters - Michaeil Haisman is flawless and trustworthy. Harrison Ford - so glad to see him in a motion picture again - and he is likewise acceptable as the father of Ellis. Elen Burnstyn is delightful. This story could have been exhibited in such an alternate way - executive Lee Toland Kreiger got it, and it is lovely narrating. I adore the last scene.