The Best App You Ever Bought?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Esperahol • Mar 11, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Is there one app that you've bought and greatly enjoyed? I'm thinking of going into the app making business and I'd like to have an idea of what does and doesn't work. Well that and my mom keeps bugging me about good apps - just got a smart phone you see... So yeah - also if there was a free app that you really liked feel free to mention it as well.

2. Brian3265

Brian3265New Member

Threads:
    GraalOnline Era+

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best app that I ever bought would a game. And it's the first that I have bought for a smartphone ever. That game is Virtua Tennis by Sega. I bought it the day that I got my Galaxy Note 2. It's the best that I have bought because it brings so much value for money. Up to now, I'm still playing it and I'm enjoying it a lot. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is superb. My money was well spent on this game.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the app itself is free but to get the most out of it, you have to spend a dollar or two every month. I'm talking about this app called Spotify. It's a music app that lets you listen and download music in a legit way. This is the only music app i use now and i pay a monthly fee but it's so worth it. There are millions of songs to choose from, you can download and play them offline, you can start your own radio station too. What i love about it the most, is unlike apple's default music player where you need to sync songs from the computer to your phone, in Spotify you are spared from that work. No need to do some syncing. You can look up songs and play and download them instantly in your phone. It doesn't lag or anything. Although it crashes sometimes but still, it's an incredibly great app. :)

#4Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite purchase so far would be Rockmate because it allows me to make songs even though I don't know how to play guitar or piano. It's really great and I think anyone can use it and make music on it. The only problem is that it's pretty basic so you can't really make high quality music on it but it's good enough for some light compositions.

6. AdrianC.Morcerf

AdrianC.MorcerfNew Member

Threads:
    My 'best-spent money on an Android app'-prize goes to Titanium Backup. Yes, it does require root, but for someone like me, who likes to flash a new ROM every week or so is VERY, and I mean VERY, timesaving. It backs up my texts, my apps, even my settings, and it takes about, what, 5 mins (?) to get the backup ready. Oh, and did I mention you can freeze sistem apps and delete them, too, for more memory?

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing really. In fact I think that for all the apps that I bought there's always this better ones that appear later on that are free. So because of that, whenever I buy an app, I make sure that there's nothing else better I could get for free. I make sure that I buy the best for a very good price, and not just buy those expensive ones that are at all inefficient, only mere usable.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    KeepTrack Pro. It's really versatile and allows me to track many different things using various methods.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I use Spotify as well and I love it. I just upgraded earlier this week to the paid premium version and it's great. I can already tell I'm going to get a great deal of use from it. I love that I can have offline playlists.

I'm not going to lie, Robot Unicorn was one of my best purchases. I've been playing that game for a few years and I haven't tired of it yet. I bought the regular version as well as the "Heavy Metal Rock" version. They were two of the best app purchases ever. No lie. I've gotten a few of my friends and family into it and they love it as well. If it's a fun game to play on my iPad or iPhone and it will keep me entertained and sane during my commute, I'll buy it.

10. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Mine would be the PulpMx app. It is an app that is pure motocross/supercross media. Steve Matthes is the host, and he will usually upload 4-5 podcasts a week. It helps pass the week until the next race is here! The app is $1.99, and I have already got my moneys worth out of it, and then some!

11. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    Totally different - the best app I ever got was the Amazon app.... It lets me check products when I'm in a store to see the price at Amazon versus what I'm seeing in the store, and lets me check what people think about the product. If it gets good ratings on the app, and it's roughly the same price at the store, I just buy the item at the store. It's been really useful and money saving.

12. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    The best app that I have bought is an app called headspace. This is an app where you are thought how to meditate in 10 minutes a day. The app has been really helpful and I have been trying my best to use it everyday and it has been working wonders for me. I think that people really like meditation apps and productivity apps.

13. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    Megapolis. Its actually free but there are many instances where in game purchases can be made. You basically get to create a city, but you can have pretty much any famous landmark from anywhere in the world in your city! To give you an idea, my CBD includes the Jin Mao tower, Burj el Khalifa and the HSBC tower!

14. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I bought Endomondo Pro which I liked immensely. Then they went and ruined it by adding a subscription option to that. I like free apps or freemium apps (who doesn't) but I am ok with buying an app paying a one-time fee. I do not like any app or software that needs me to pay on a monthly basis.

15. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    The best app I have ever bought is probably Graal Era+. It's a open-world type of game that allows you to build up your character with weapons. They earn money by selling these weapons for real life currency. This has been my best purchase because their customer support service is great.

Also, I play the game frequently, so it helps to own good gear. I recommend this app to anyone who enjoys the open-world type of games. You can play it for free if you don't want to spend money on apps either! Overall, a great purchase for me.

16. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that the WhatsApp is the best app I have ever come across. It is quite one of the rarest one and I would definitely love to see more improvement in it

17. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    The best I've ever bought it's probably the Larousse ES - FR dictionary. I'm studying French the the app is a godsend. It has conjugations, pronunciation and even slang. It was only $5 and it has helped me so much. I also have the Larousse French Dictionary app and it's great for learning new vocabulary.

18. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    When I was still using Windows Phone I think the best app that I've paid for was Podcast Pro. I'm a sucker for audio entertainment and although there are a lot of free podcast apps it just suits me well. I would never pay for the app actually but when it comes to Windows Phone apps you basically have no choice.

19. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say that it was Max Payne 1 from Rockstar. It's a mobile version of the iconic game, and it plays pretty well on mobile devices. You don't even have to have that powerful of a device to run it, although I have a SnapDragon 800 processor that will handle it with ease anyways. It cost $6.99 or something like that. Worth every penny.