The best thing about Victoria's Secret...

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by chlv • Nov 28, 2012.

1. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    One of my favorite things about Victoria's Secret is their free panty coupon that they distribute throughout the year. It seems like there is constantly a valid one out there. There is no purchase necessary, and if you redeem the coupon every time you get one - that's a whole lot of savings on underwear!

Right now, they have $10 off a purchase too, and what's great about this coupon is that there is no minimum purchase requirement. I could definitely find something in the store for $10 or $15 dollars or splurge a little on a sale item.

2. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    As a guy, I have to say I've never been to a Victoria Secret store. I don't wanna just walk in there for no reason though, would make me seem pervy. Most of my gf's and ex gf's have shopped there but of course I wasn't with them so, yeah. Maybe I'll come up with an excuse one day.:D

3. Deities

DeitiesNew Member

Threads:
    Well, I am also a guy but have browsed around Victoria's Secret many a times. It isn't a "perv" thing to do if you have a legit reason to do so. I find it that they offer some of the best gifts for women. Also I do not mind shopping with my girlfriend and she goes into Victoria's Secret to try on new things. Some that she needs my approval of. xD
    But, I'll make sure that I tell her about this promotion that they are having. It would probably interest her.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not prevy. You could easily be looking to buy a gift for your girlfriend. I have seen plenty of guys in Victoria Secret.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah but I am very self-conscious. I don't even shop for my female family members for stuff like clothing if they ask for it for a gift. I just give them cash or a giftcard to their favorite store.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well apparently I'm the only one who isn't a guy commenting on this, lol, but I agree! They have some excellent sales at various times, too, so if you combined your coupons with that it really isn't so bad as far as pricing goes. Plus, if you have a little more than most people going on in the chest area, it can be REALLY hard to find nice looking bras that actually fit and last any length of time elsewhere.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that they had those types of coupons out there. Is it an online thing or in the store? Where do find these coupons? I suppose you would have to pay for shipping though, right? That is impressive that there is no purchase necessary.

8. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    There are for sure some awesome deals to be had at VS from time to time! I have gotten some of the free panty ones before. I do wish that I had a VS closer to where I live ... right now the closest one is maybe 45 minutes away.

9. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know they had free coupons. I'm going to check their website. I assume you sign up for some sort of mailing list. Unless its through they're credit card. I've only bought online from them. That purchase did come with a free $10 gift card and free shipping so not to bad.

10. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Trying to shop there without a coupon, though, can add up to a lot of money. I think I'm going to coupon collect and pay attention to sales, and then go in again. I always need some new bras and, you're right, they have good deals.

11. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I can sympathize with you Nick2011, you are not alone! My husband wouldn't go near that store with a 10 foot pole because it makes him uncomfortable, like the women in the store will give him dirty looks or something. If some men are comfortable with this sort of thing then bravo to them, but it's okay too if you prefer to avoid it altogether.

12. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I used to like Victoria Secret for their scented lotions, not their lingerie. I'm a plus size gal so I can't get anything in my size from their store, but their fragrances were nice. I stopped shopping there when my favorite scent was discontinued. Be careful with buying underwear there. I hear they actually accept returns on underwear and put the items back on the sales floor for customers to buy again. Eww!

13. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I still find VS to be a little too expensive for me. But I do think the items are really cute and I enjoy their advertising! They have the most attractive models.

14. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    I love the free panty coupon, but they also send you a $10.00 gift card type mailer when it is your Birthday month. I love it. Allows me to go get my favorite perfume for pretty cheap!

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I also love the free coupons! The worst is when I don't go to the mall often and they expire. I feel like I am missing out, but then they always send in a new one within a few weeks. I have one to redeem while Christmas shopping this week. Merry Christmas to me!

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reality is that you are still overpaying even after 'saving' money via the coupons. You are paying for the name and the quality is no better than brands at a lower price point in the market. I have bought many Victoria Secret items for my girlfriend as that's what she wants.

17. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of Victoria's Secret, but I did not hesitated to stop by and redeem my "free panty coupon" a few months back. I would do it again if another coupon is sent my way.

18. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    Bolt - I would have to disagree with you. I personally believe that the quality of Victoria's Secret is much better than any other brand I have had. Their lingerie lasts forever and you don't have to keep buying the cheaper counterparts, which may add up to even more.
    There are a few things that I "splurge" on and this is one of them. In the end, it's much cheaper to get better quality that lasts rather than replacing items of cheaper quality. Like I said in my original post, you could easily get free (that's right -free!) quality panties from Victoria's Secret by using their coupons. Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have used those $10 off of a purchase coupons before and taken advantage of the free shipping offers. They do offer some pretty good deals from time to time, which is a good thing because underwear has gotten ridiculously expensive. Those coupons and offers are a good incentive to get you to shop.

20. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like a lot of the stuff in Victoria's Secret, especially some of their perfumes, although I have bought a few bras and a nightshirt from there. I did not really know about the free pantie coupon. I used to get a lot of Victoria's Secret catalogs and e-mails, but I don't get them anymore, that is why I am out of the loop as far as the pantie coupons go. I guess it is time for me to start shopping there again! :)