The Best Unknown Book You Have Ever Read?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by kingusama92 • May 26, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Which one was it?

A book that you randomly picked up at the library or book store and just loved. Yet, afterward you realized that this book is barely known by anyone despite it being absolutely brilliant.

For me, the best unknown book I read was when I was young, "Midnight for Charlie Bone" by Jenny Nimmo. A part of an eight book series called, "The Children of the Red King". I was in absolute love with the series.

Yet, barely anyone knew about it. Sad, because it was a terrific read.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm very fond of Quintin Jardine's books. He's a Scottish crime writer, but he's not as well known as writers like Ian Rankin and Val McDermid. All his books are great reads, but I particularly fell in love with The Loner. It's a stand alone tale, whereas his other books are series, but it's one of the best books I've ever read. Again, it's a crime thriller, and I just couldn't put it down. It's very rarely that I keep a book once I've read it, but I'm hanging on to this one, as I'm sure I'l revisit it at some point.

3. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    When I was a teenager I found a fantasy book called Deepwater Dreams by Sydney J. Van Scyoc at a used book store. I fell in love with that book and still read it once a year or so. The author created such a unique world and was so vivid and detailed with her descriptions that I couldn't put it down. She has a few other books but I haven't ever been able to locate them. Now of course I probably can find them on Ebay or Amazon! I will have to look!

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I really liked "El Inventor de Juegos", a book I read when I was younger. It was for school, but I really enjoyed it! It was from an author I've never heard of before.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Friends by Rosa Guy.

It was a coming of age book. I usually don't like these types of books. I read it when I was in grade school and I loved it. I didn't remember the author and had to look it up on Amazon.

I have several and it was just hard to choose one.