The best workout supplement

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by JaydonTyler • Jun 12, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    The best workout supplement is one you can take for free and for as long as you want. It's called, "discipline".

You don't need anything else. If you are disciplined, you can throw out all the supplements you wasted your money on for that body that you still aren't happy with and get a body you really want.

Motivation is for the weak. Be disciplined and just do it.

2. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    You can work your ass off, but if you don't sleep enough & eat properly, there won't be any serious gains. Working out is 25% of the result, rest and balanced diet is 75% of success!

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure I entirely agree with this. Supplements are meant to HELP people who are already disciplined with their workout regiment. They don't work if you don't exercise and you don't eat right. They're meant to enhance what you're already doing. If you're not doing anything, you're just wasting your money. So in that sense, yea, supplements are a big waste and only worth it if you're serious about getting in shape and eating right.

4. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I can respond to both of your replies with this one answer. The point of my post was to make a point. That point is that people spend too much effort and thought looking outside of them selves. When it comes down to it, the best tool you can have is discipline when it comes to progress.

Discipline does not mean working out. Discipline does not mean any one thing. Discipline means doing all that is needed to accomplish your goals with a strict focus leading your path.

If all you focused on was being disciplined with your exercise (eating enough, sleeping enough, resting enough, sticking to your schedule, etc) and also eating plenty of green veggies and healthy fats, while cutting out simple sugars and others junk - you would see great benefits.

No supplements needed. But yes, supplements can supplement a strong work ethic. THAT POST WAS NOT ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS AT ALL.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, all you need to have is discipline to go far in any thing including in your workout. You must keep on going no matter what's happening or how you are feeling. You have to persevere and to do that you must have a discipline. This disciple doesn't just last up to the start. It has last forever, otherwise everything will be gone to waste, all the efforts and the time spent.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer my supplement to be a strong will. Working out can be really tiring and weak willed people often just give up on it just thinking about it. If you have a strong will to succeed, you're bound to get results. A strong will also gives you the strength to stick to routines like healthy eating and lifestyle.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Discipline is the best work out supplement for sure, but some people also swear by chromium picolinate. It's supposed to do ALL kinds of wonderful things for your body including stabilize sugar levels.

Over the years, I've found that when I take a daily vitamin with supplements, I feel a lot better and have more energy. They don't make you fit - you have to exercise - but these little pills do rev up your body.

8. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    The only supplement proved by scientific research is the Creatine, protein powders are complete scams. You don't need more 120 grams of protein and it doesn't matter when you take your protein. I agree about discipline, like every rule there are exceptions. If you have a gut feeling like you don't need to exercise or you need to get some rest then do it. If you plan to exercise 3 months, during those three months, it's okay to skip one workout for various reasons, it won't make a difference.

9. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree. Supplements are not really required, useful to fill a gap in your diet though. I would aim for 1g protein (from real food) per pound of bodyweight, and get a couple of hundred grams of carbs on the evening after your workout. Carbs fuel anabolic growth and recovery.

If you workout earlier in the day, eat a couple of bits of fruit afterwards to prevent muscle breakdown, or you could get some protein powder with some BCAA in it, but fruit will do.

Protein over 1g per lb/bw is not really shown to be of any extra benefit, but when you get very lean it can help, certainly to keep you full if you are cutting, so in a calorie deficit. If you are eating at maintenance, or in a surplus to bulk, 1g is cool.