The Big Wedding movie review

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Jun 3, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hello!
    So today I would like to make a post on a movie I watched this weekend, called The Big Wedding. This movie is stared by Susan Sarandon, Diane Keaton, Robert De Niro, Katherine Heigl and Amanda Seyfried. I'm not sure how the boys are called, but they are not very famous actors.

So I thought this movie would be very good because of the cast. It has a great cast with actors that are knowingly funny. I was very disappointed at the story line and overall script. It's one of those movies that are just OK. I would surely not watch this again, I'm fine with having watched it only once.
    The story is about a couple who will get married, but the groom's birth mother is Colombian (I think) and she goes to the US just for his wedding. The issue is, his mother is very religious and doesn't believe in divorce, so his foster parents, who are divorced, need to pretend they are still together and the dad's current wife needs to leave their house. The movie goes around the issues the family is having. The groom's brother never fell in love at 29 years old and his sister (Heigl) is pregnant but broke up with her fiancee. The story line doesn't evolve to anything, though. There are a few funny moments, but nothing substantial happens. At the end I was left wondering what that movie had done for me. Nothing, I figured.
    I'm not sure if I could recommend this movie. It's just OK. There are far better movies out there.