The Dollar Store

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 22, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Yes I do love shopping at the Dollar store! They are very affordable and I'm so glad that I have it just near my place. Do you shop there too?

2. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I love the dollar store for food purchases when I'm low on grocery money. I also love that the dollar store takes manufacturer coupons. My little family and I are finally starting out on our own and I will be planning on taking full advantage of the cheap silverware and organization bins as well as snacks for my daughter and fiance.
    I don't expect to get really quality things from the dollar store, but I use the disposable razors and buy some cheap toys for my daughter when we are going on an unexpected day outing.
    I also shop at Family Dollar and Dollar Plus stores. Family Dollar is my absolute favorite, because although everything isn't a dollar they have more variety than the regular dollar store and more name brand items. They accept manufacturer coupons as well.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to shop at the Dollar Tree too. I mostly purchase school supplies and laundry detergent. LA Awesome Detergent is awesome. lol. It gets my clothes very clean. I love that stuff. I also buy bath loofahs and misc batteries at the Dollar Tree.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am also a use fan of the dollar store. There is one that was just built right near me so it makes it so confident for me to just drop by. I love how various kitchen foils and container are so cheap which makes it easier for me to buy everything in a bundle. I just can't imagine paying for things like aluminum foil at a regular store because it would probably be around five dollars rather than one.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love it as well they have a lot of cute little things I can decorate my house with and I buy mine and my kids snacks there as well

6. smilealways

smilealwaysNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love shopping at the Dollar store. When I'm in short of money, especially during month-ends the dollar store shopping really helps. I buy things like dish-washing liquids, Liquid Plumber(used to unclog the kitchen sink and bathtub), fabric softeners etc from the dollar store. I like it there because they always have new items coming in and you never know what to expect !! Especially, during the holiday season, the decoration items are awesome and cute. The variety of picture frames and artificial flowers they are selling is really unbelievable. I really like their service :)

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I live pretty close to a Dollar Tree and it helps out a lot when I am low on money and need to buy items like shampoo and bars of soap. You can't beat $1 shampoo when I usually pay $4 to $6 a bottle at Target or Walmart. I wish my Dollar Tree took coupons. That would be amazing.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Dollar Tree. You have to be careful because some of the products are low-quality, and others actually aren't that great of a deal, but 99 percent of the time you can find fabulous finds there. A lot of their cleaning supplies are just as good as the brand name stuff but wayyy cheaper, and sometimes they even do have brand name cleaning supplies. Sponges, dish towels, certain toiletries, decorative items, party items, birthday/greeting cards, etc. are all steals there.

It's also easy to get stuff for free at Dollar Tree if you have coupons. I got 15 Maybelline eyeshadows, 15 Maybelline eyeliners, and a mix of 15 lipsticks/lipglosses, 20 Brut deodorants, 20 packs of Advil PM and some other things for free with coupons all in a couple of weeks' time. You can't beat it.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, it's great to shop at dollar stores because you can get there stuff that is one time use only for real cheap. Stuff like kitchen and bathroom supplies really do the difference when buying cheap, and it helps at the end of the month.

10. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    I shop at the Dollar Store frequently, at least once a week. The store is really close to my house, so it's handy to just run there and grab something if I need it in a hurry. I was actually there today. I used my last coffee filter so I went there and grabbed some. I also like the fact that I can get in and out of the Dollar Store pretty quick. If I have to go to Walmart, it takes forever to get checked out at the registers. I don't know if all Walmarts are like that, but the one around here needs to hire more checkers.

I like to browse around the Dollar Store too as they have all kinds of neat things there. They also have a discounted item aisle and they have stuff marked down pretty cheap. Dollar Store gets a thumbs up from me!

11. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    If I am on a budget but I need to have some hair color and treatment, it is in the Dollar Store where I buy my hair products and treatments. Revlon DIY hair coloring is much cheaper there as compared to the malls, much more as compared to a salon service. I would back it up with a home DIY hot oil and hair spa treatment. I always get a salon-like treatment afterwards without really shelling out too much cash.