The Dollar Tree

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Anna T • Apr 18, 2012.

1. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I think what I love most about the Dollar Tree is that everything there literally is just one dollar! Sure, they have a lot of cheap stuff but it's a better deal in my opinion than going to Family Dollar or other stores with "Dollar" in the name where everything isn't just one dollar.

I think they are great for school supplies, party supplies, snacks, ornaments, and so forth although you do have to watch the package sizes. You will be paying a dollar for an item that is just slightly smaller in size than what you normally get so on grocery type foods you do need to look at the ounces before you buy.

2. Christi Harris

Christi HarrisNew Member

Threads:
    I agree. I like being able to take my kids to the Dollar Tree and them be able to pick out a toy that they like. I also like being able to go and pick out some snacks to take with us to the movies. I can even get a 20 oz coke for $1.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love Dollar Tree! I hate that ours closed down, though. It was replaced by a Deals, which mostly has dollar items still, but they also have plenty that aren't a dollar, so it's just not the same. :(

4. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I love the dollar store. I always buy my Christmas gift bags there. They are such a good deal. It is perfect to put a gift card or something smaller in it and not pay that much for a gift bag. I also like buying my tissue paper there. I am glad that we have a Dollar Tree just 10 minutes from my house.

5. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    The Dollar Tree is one of my favorite stores to go to. We have a huge one where I live. I get just about everything I decorate with there.

6. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree near my house! I use it for present wrapping, office and school supplies, and small gifts. Sometimes we get toys there, but it depends what it is. I won't get anything that is for consumption. Past dangerous products from China have made me nervous. You've got to be careful with the batteries. They are cheap and work in a pinch, but the quality is terrible and they don't last a fraction of the time.

7. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree! I plan to go there on Friday and buy a bunch of cheap toys for my son. We are working on potty training and having a bunch of $1 toys would really fill up my prize chest rather quickly! I love to just go to look at what they have. They have great items for just $1! I love to go there for gift wrap, stocking stuffers or just little necessities. It really is a great place to shop.

8. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    The Dollar Tree is great! They have a little bit of everything in there. Being able to get a few toys for my kids in there to either make a car trip go easier or as a small reward, to buying cleaning supplies, or toiletries is fantastic, especially for a $1. You can really get almost anything you need down there, I believe the one in my area has a freezer action in it now too!

9. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I wish we had a dollar store where I live. I live in hawaii and I haven't seen any that are actually a dollar. They are lots of 'dollar store' but none are just 1$ :(.

10. Jessi

Threads:
    But you have the 99 cent stores!

I don't know exactly where you're located or how many 99 cent stores there are in Hawaii now, but you should check around and see if any are near you.

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    In Thailand, I haven't seen any Dollar stores but I have been to many 10 Baht shops. Ten bahts is equal to about 33usd. For just ten bahts, you can get many different things. I always make sure that I carry not more than 100 bahts when I got to a 10 baht shop. Just so I won't get into a shopping frenzy.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree. There is one within walking distance of my place. It's good for party supplies, water, and some school supplies.

13. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    The Dollar Tree is where I go to get our little secret Santa gifts. They also have a good selection of books. This is great for me, being a book junkie. They do have a lot of party supplies, and a bunch of wierd ink pens, jewelry, and hair stuff.

#13Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  14. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    My kids love the cheap plastic animals, especially dinosaurs, that they have at dollar stores. The thing is, I will often see them elsewhere for LESS than a dollar. Not that a few cents matter to me too much, but like you said if you do not do your research, you may actually pay a bit more for something because you think $1.00 is a deal!

15. Jessi

Threads:
    Good idea. I know in a dollar store, it's easy to get carried away because things appear so cheap, but it adds up fast. What kind of stuff is at a store like yours, Victor? That seems even cheaper than our dollar stores, so I'm trying to think of what they'd mainly carry.

16. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I love Dollar Tree.
    I shop there often, since one is fairly close to my house.
    I go there for snacks and school supplies, sometimes household items such as leaning supplies for the bathroom, glasses, ect.
    There are a lot of great deals there, that's why it's one of my favorite stores.

17. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I agree it's great for a cheap toy for the kids on occasion. They don't have anything really nice, but when you're kids are five years old or younger and they are screaming for a toy, take them there and make them happy :)

18. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love our Dollar Tree. I get so much of our household items from there such as toothbrushes, toothpastes, paper towels, body washes, and shampoos. I also love to check out their beauty section. Ours has some very pretty nail polishes in silver, bright blue, aqua, and hot pink. I love how you can get so much for so little.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I love our Dollar Tree also. It's pretty neat in there and so many wonderful bargains to be had. I always pick up there lotions and shampoos, hair products and it's a fun place to shop. I go there because you can find most of the items that you would purchase from a drug store for a cheaper price. They use to have a lot of craft items also and I loved going there to see what they had new.

20. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Dollar Tree! Its where I go when I need some retail therapy. lol. Seriously though, where else can I get a cart full of stuff for about $20? I get all my gift bags and tissue paper there as well as Christmas wrapping paper, bows, and labels.