The Ecozone Biobulb

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Mar 16, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Demand for electricity for industries is competing with domestic consumption making costs to go through the roof. The Ecozone Biobulb is a good alternative to the incandescent bulb and uses 25% less energy than the latter. It is very white and emits less heat and soft to the eyes. It is suited for such tasks as reading and sewing. This bulb will definitely save on energy costs and an item worth trying.

2. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    Well, it sounds fascinating. But I wonder how toxic it is. I guess I will have to do some research on it. The current LED bulbs are rather toxic from what I gather. They contain mercury gas (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and are very difficult to recycle. I really can't stand that white, horrible light. I miss the gentle yellow 60 Watt bulbs that used to last forever, until recently. Since the new bulbs appeared on the market, the old standard ones tend to explode after about two weeks. Why is that?

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Having switched over to LEDs when they were first introduced way back in the late 1990s - although the Ecozone Biobulb is not one that I'm particularly familiar with - I have to say that - if that is correct and it does use only 25% less energy than other types of bulbs - that to me - is an extremely disappointing amount - especially as the majority of LEDs that I've used over the last decade - have all consumed around 40 – 50% less electricity than any other type of bulb.

Actually its quite the opposite - as unlike other types of light bulbs - LEDs do not contain hazardous substances such as mercury, lead or other toxic materials.

In fact not only are LEDs completely safe - but they are the most cost effective option if wanting to save money - especially as - apart from giving a considerably large reduction in energy consumption as well as having an incredibly long life span - meaning they generally last for anything between 5 to 12 years and beyond - compared to other types of light bulbs - but also - as they are totally environmentally friendly - if you use LED bulbs - you’re actually reducing pollution - as not only do they NOT give off any toxic gases - but unlike many other bulbs they are fully recyclable.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like CFC bulbs, in light fixtures and they seem to last a very long time. I should buy some more of them. The only problem is some of my light fixtures would look odd with the squiggly CFC bulbs in them. I think they do make some that are shaped more like a regular lightbulb but they are costly. Do they make LED bulbs for light fixtures?

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    They do and in fact have come such a long way since the days of those unsightly twisty shapes - that not only do they now look much like the older more familiar shaped bulbs - but as they now make LED bulbs for virtually every kind of household lighting application imaginable - and they are available in hundreds of different shapes too - including the traditional globe shape right through to spots, floods, decorative candles and vintage styles - that don't look at all out of place in antique candelabras or wall lanterns - absolutely no reason to have put up with ugly odd looking light bulbs in order to save energy.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's the CFL bulbs that are hazardous, not the LED ones. I really prefer not to use them, since I already have health concerns. I haven't yet invested in any LED bulbs, but I'm about finished with the stash of incandescent bulbs I bought when they were being phased out, so I'll be looking into the LED bulbs. I certainly hope that they last longer than the incandescent bulbs I've been using. I haven't had the incandescent bulbs explode as mentioned by @venusflytrap@venusflytrap, but I have noticed that they only last around 2 months maximum, which leads me to believe that some company rushed to create sub-par bulbs in order to sell to those of us looking to stock up on them during the switch over. Here's a chart showing lifespan and costs of each type of bulb: