The End Of The Ad Revenue Sharing Sites?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Theo • Mar 12, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whether it is linked or not who knows as they were set up about the same time, but Linker Zone and CGP Gallery both have their websites down. Linker Zone has been down for nearly a week and they deactivated the Facebook account yesterday. CGP Gallery still has a Facebook page for what it is worth, but the website has a big notice saying the account is suspended.

I went on to support a friend and to see what it was all about. I never posted more than a few small pieces that took little effort, but I am sad that some members will have invested all this time for nothing as I doubt there will be any payments. Bottom line, if it's not got a company attached or a face to it, don't trust it.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    That's too bad to hear. I knew something was up on Linker Zone I had been trying to go there for the past week and kept getting a blank screen. I had heard that their facebook page was still up but had yet to go there to find out if there was any information about the website. Now apparently that isn't possible either. I was really liking Linker Zone and was hoping it could take Bubblews place for me, but I guess that wasn't to be the case. As for CGP Gallery I had signed up, but I never really was too dedicated there. Like you I kind of feel bad for those who did devote a whole lot of time to both these websites. Fortunately I learned with Bubblews that you don't do that, you have to spread yourself out online, or it could come back to bite you because it has bitten me more then once.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    That is sad to hear for those who invested a lot of time and energy into these sites. I knew there was something wrong with CGP when people started to report they were not getting paid. Lucky for me I was not very active on there as a result of these complaints. I think the problem is that people are just not finding a system that works, and they are just trying to copy Bubblews, when that was proven not to work.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up for Elite Visitors, and then I saw that someone had posted that they are not paying anyone, and the owner took the ad money and disappeared. That didn't sound good at all; so I have not even gone back there to post at all.
    Has anyone else had any interaction with EV, and if so; how did it work out ?

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's now become Best Writers where the remaining admins set up a new site and transferred the articles over. However, they are starting from scratch as any revenue writers earned obviously was lost and can't be replaced.

I do think they will struggle, whether it will last who knows, but ad revenue as a sole source of income that is shared is never profitable and soon the admins will find themselves out of pocket or working for nothing really.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Theo, that makes a whole lot of sense. I imagine that there are enough writers who post a few articles and then never stay long enough to reach the payout amount, and those would be basically "free" revenue sources for the company.
    The determining thing would be whether there was enough of those that they could then afford to pay the writers who do stay and produce enough revenuse to earn money/GC or whatever the options are.
    I really enjoyed Bubblews, and wish I could find one like that because the ones that give you a subject to write abiout seem to want an article on things that i know nothing about.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am really struggling to write articles for clients who have specific topics on the sites where they post work for people to do. A lot of the topics are about technology and other subjects I know nothing about. It really is a struggle for writers right now. I have all but stopped writing on Best Writers because I am waiting to see if people will start getting paid.

There are plenty of other online work sites I have been using, so it is not like my work has dried up, but I have noticed that things are kind of quiet right now. I am not sure what is going on in the online work world right now, but I have noticed that some months are better than others for income.