The Fault In Our Stars

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by katharinemae • Mar 18, 2014.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw the official movie trailer of "The Fault In Our Stars" and I'm a bit excited. I have read the book and have laughed and cried my eyes out in every chapter.
    Do you think the movie can measure up with the success of the book?
    I kind of doubt it, but who knows, your guess is as good as mine.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't read this book, but I've read another book of the author and I really enjoyed it. The other book was called 'Looking For Alaska', and I could honestly say that it's one of my favorite books. It stirred up my emotions and even made me cry towards the end. I respect John Green, the author, because he has the ability to touch readers in an emotional sense.

He has great writing skills that are very unique as compared to other authors.

I'm pretty sure 'The Fault in our Stars' is a great book and will also be a great movie once it comes out.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of this movie nor the book yet but one thing I'm sure is that it's not going to measure up to the book. So far all the movie adaptations I've seen can't even start to compare with the novels they're based on. The problem with movies is that they are too short, the limited time means that there will be parts removed or altered so that the movie will flow better. This often result in the movies being inferior to the books.