The Gift Of Beauty

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Rosyrain • Jul 25, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter just turned 14 and is all about her beauty products. It is rather funny to me because I was a tomboy growing up and could care less at that age. I was trying to figure out what to get her for her birthday because she is at one of those strange ages, so I signed her up for Ipsy beauty bags. I will be paying $10 a month and she will get a bag sent to her each month. She really loved it and is looking forward to her first sample bag. Have any of you purchased these subscriptions as gifts before?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Not really, but I have seen them and wondering about delivery times because I wouldn't like to subscribe and wait ages for the delivery service.

Best of all is that your daughter is enjoying it, and great present you found for her at such a very sensitive in which girls are learning to become women :)

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I never have, but I think it could be a good way to start a collection and figure out what works and what doesn’t. I kind of wish I’d subscribed to one of those since I did the experimenting on my own, and I probably ended up spending about the same amount of money as I would have for a subscription, if not more. In any case, good on you for getting your daughter a gift she’s excited about!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did this as a teen and it's a nice idea as you are experimenting with brands and products. I loved it, but didn't use all the products I was sent and handed some over to my mom or gave them to friends. These are good for a while until she decides what she likes to buy herself. She can always regift things she won't use or if the colors aren't right for her.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I want to be your adopted daughter, hahahaaa. Seriously though, that is a nice gift to give a young lady. With her preoccupation with beauty products, that is a clear indication of her artistic inclination. You know, makeup, lipstick, mascara and other beauty products that we use on our face and body is a form of art. And as to the nice birthday gift, whoa, she would be receiving a bag every month. Great.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My daughter is definitely an artist. She is always creating something up in her room and I try to support her in any way I can. She just got her presents last night during her birthday party and was excited to find out that she will get a beauty bag each month so that gift was a win. It was fun watching her read the email confirmation.

7. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used this service before but I think it is a great idea for a teenager who is just experiencing with make up. It gives them something to look forward to and they get to try out new products. I am sure she is going to love it. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing it with us!

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds like a nice transition gift to welcome her to the world of makeup, and also remember her birthday throughout the year. If any of her friends or classmates also have subscriptions, they could have a swap, where they pass along the products they weren't interested in using, and try out even more products.

9. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I think I might sign myself up for an account too, but I want to see what kind of products my daughter receives first. If she gets some good items, it might be worth the expense for me to get sample products in the mail.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How nice! I would have loved to receive such a bag every month when I was a teenager. It's not just about the samples alone, but also about what will be in the bag next month. :) I always loved surprises. Also the thought appeals to me to get a variety of little things that I can test and play around with. Your daughter is very lucky. :)

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow how thoughtful of you! Most moms disregard their daughter's passion for beauty or skincare. But you support your daughter so kudos to you! Subscription boxes are a great way to receive items you would not see in stores. Sometimes, you will find limited edition makeup or skincare from it. I have not tried subscribing to one but I have seen bloggers who do.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is such a well thought out gift, and I'm glad that your daughter loved the gift. I think for $10, that's a great bargain already, since you get to try out different brands and shades of make-up. And if you need cash, then you guys can just simply resell the make-up that you don't like on Ebay.