The Harry Potter attraction at Islands of Adventure in Orlando Florida

Discussion in Travel started by niceness8000 • Aug 29, 2012.

1. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    We went to Islands of Adventure the weekend that this attraction opened. it opened on a Friday, and we went on that Saturday. We waited two hours on line to get into the section where Harry Potter is, and then we waited another hour to get on the ride. Sound like a lot? Well, guess what: on opening day, people waited 8 hours to get on the ride. Here's the kicker: I waited 3 hours, but the ride was freakin' awesome. I loved it. I'd say for me it was worth the wait. If you are going to Orlando and you go to Islands of Adventure, make sure you do this ride. Don't let the wait time scare you. Besdies, you spend all of your time inside the castle, and the castle has enough going on to keep you occupied.

And P.S. - the wait times are not anywhere near as long as they were when the ride first opened.

#1Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Yeah.. or try and go out of season! Now it's been open for a while there will be less people queueing to get in there. The whole of Islands of Adventure is just ridiculously amazing. I could spend all day there every day of the week and still find things to do. It's so much fun.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I'm a big fan of Harry Potter. No doubt that would be a great attraction to visit. I didn't visit Orlando, but if one day I go, I will consider that attraction. Ideally, there is quite a Harry Potter theme park, but I think I'm asking a lot. Perhaps there is something similar in England, but I haven't such information. As for the expected and the number of people, it's a fact that is usual, expected in the opening days. Thanks for the information, I will consider it.

4. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    We are spending Christmas at Disney, but I'm really hoping to spend a day at the Harry Potter world. That would be pretty much a dream come true for me. It looks so awesome!

5. niceness8000

Threads:

Just an FYI: The way this theme park is broken up - it has five sections, or "Islands." Each section has it's own theme. So although I speak of the Harry Potter ride, which is actually called, "The Forbidden Journey," the whole section is themed from the Harry Potter stories. And trust me, it's like they pulled the village of Hogsmeade right off the pages!

6. niceness8000

Threads:
    You are absolutely right. And Guess what? Right now is considered their slow season. Now until the beginning of October. An since Islands of Adventure is geared toward the older crowd, I find it's easier to plan a trip during the off-season when school schedules come into play a little less.

7. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is my favorite one destination of Orlando Universal Studio. I spend a remarkable journey there with my nephew and now we were making plan to visit there for once again.