The Haunting in Connecticut 2 is scary

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • May 13, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I checked the reviews for this movie at Rotten Tomatoes and most of the critics were ranting about the movie. They said that it was worse than mediocre, it wasn't scary, it was predictable blah blah. I don't know what impresses the critics anymore. I almost didn't watch the movie because of them. But I'm glad I did. And what a satisfying movie it was. I was scared, I laughed at certain times, and I was satisfied with the ending. If I'd have to grade it from 1 to 10, I'll give it an 8. Have you seen the movie too?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't, but I'm always on the lookout for a good horror movie, so thanks for the recommendation. I know what you mean by getting fooled by critics. Sometimes they are right, but sometimes they are just too full of themselves and pretentious. I'm going to be giving this a go, and usually an 8 from regular viewers has a lot more credence to me than whatever score a critic may give a movie.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hope you'll like it too DrRipley. Actually, I didn't have much of a choice. The movie theaters were showing Iron Man 3 (which I have already watched), The Big Wedding, and The Haunting in Connecticut. I chose to watch a horror movie instead of going for the Big Wedding which had an all star cast. Turns out that my decision was a good one. Try watching it alone if you dare. :D