The illusion of hair-care and health in general

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by JaydonTyler • Jun 22, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    People are taught that they need to use products in order to take care of their hair. they are told they need to "condition" their hair. Yet no one even thinks about what any of it means.

why do you need to add product to your hair? what does it do?

With these two questions, people will answer with a responses such as "these products help keep your clean, moisturised and healthy"

Then you can start asking them "HOW?" in which case you are getting dangerously close to asking too many questions at this point. The person can only tell you what they have heard. What the "company" that made the "product" tells them. In other words, nothing is known. You are going based off of the fact you choose to trust what this company is telling you. Why would they lie? it's not like they are trying to make money off of you, they have no reason to lie. it's not like lying is a marketing tactic.

If these products worked, there would not be so many to choose from. but there are a lot of products. And there are some for everyone. If this one doesnt grab your attention another one will.

Why is it that so many people have such unhealthy hair? We have all of these products to give us healthy hair right? So what is the problem?

Maybe it's the same reason why we have so many unhealthy people. They take their vitamins and supplements. they drink their green tea.. Yet they are completely unhealthy. Now a days we have unhealthy people thinking they are healthy because they around other people that are even less healthy, making them feel like they are the healthy ones.

You all are great consumers. You lack independence and rely on "products" to help you. Then when the products fail, you try another one.

The key to total body health is simple. Our body needs healthy fats and amino acids, nothing more. If you did this simple process, your life would change.

1- create a diet plan of healthy fats and green veggies (Eat 2-3 times a day with no snacks. Eat big meals.)
    2- Stop using ALL health products. (Dont put anything in you or on you.. no shampoo no vitamins.. nothing.)
    3- Exercise (You choose.. from lifting weights to yoga and anywhere in between)
    4- Fasting twice a week (From the moment you wake up you will not eat for 8 hours)

And when it comes to your diet, eat clean. Eat fresh, healthy foods. The goal in mind when it comes to this 4 step system is taking control of your body and eliminating TOXINS. If you do this, you will not only look your BEST, you will also feel your BEST. Be toxin-free and live healthy.

DONE

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Jaydon, your posts are always thought out and helpful.

A lot of people also are not aware when they think 'toxic' thoughts. I mean seriously. People can be very picky about the car they drive, etc, and not aware that they have 'stinkin thinkin', lol. We can actually choose our thoughts and it effects everything. No, I'm not getting metaphysical again, but hey, *every* body knows everything begins with a single thought.

A lot of the health care mentality is based on 'fixing something'. I'm in a natural care field, and it happens even there. I see people like to eat crap and then a diet soda to feel better like they were 'doing something'. The tendency is to oh, yeah, take a supplement without actually learning anything about health, wellness or nutrition.

I also would like to see people 'learn something' or give a rip. It's coming along, a little at a time, but hey. :)

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    That is true. People feel like they need to fix something. they feel like they need to add something to their routine to correct their health. When you do something over and over and still after all the years you see no real benefit, maybe you need to try something else. If our health products worked, there would be no need for new products. Yet we have seen products come and go over the years and we will see more in the future.

It's obvious that those products do not work. not only do they not work, they make no sense. You need to spend money to buy products that show no benefits. It's amazing how people will read a label and think a product is going to work. It's like religious people believing in whatever religion they choose to believe in. There is no difference. With both examples people are choosing to put "trust/faith" in the creator of these "products". To believe in the bible (for example), you are believing the words of the people that wrote it. You dont even know these people, so why put faith into them when there is no evidence?

I know that using religion as an example is bit extreme. I will add that I am not criticizing anyones religion, but I think it would be difficult to argue against what I said. Lets stick to the health side of things so no one is offended.

When using a health product, you are "trusting" that the company that created it is not lying to you.

HOW ABOUT THIS LAST STATEMENT TO END THIS POST... A healthy diet improves total body health 100% of the time. Enough said.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are mostly right. In regards to stop using all health products, I have heard that in non western cultures that people do not take showers. I'm not sure how true that is but if it is, how do they get themselves clean? Wouldn't you be smelling funky if you only rinsed yourself off with water?
    I have to say I use shampoo twice a week but my hair is mostly healthy. The only problem I have is once in a while scalp itch but I think that is probably something that is all in my head.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    You're a girl. Guys need to take care of their hair more then girls do. If you havent noticed, there are a lot of bald guys out there and i don't want to be one of them. Health is important to me. I don't trust shampoo. And as for your scalp itch.. When you use shampoo, you are killing healthy bacteria on the scalp while making room for unhealthy bacteria. This is why some people have bad smelling hair. And what do people do when they encounter a problem? They tend to feel like they need to wash their hair better, or more often.

My hair smells and looks good. Quitting shampoo was a great choice. My hair was always good, but I can tell it's even healthier now. it seems that others noticed too as I always get compliments on my hair. People ask me what i use and when I tell them "water", they give me a confused look.

People have been brain washed in many ways. The need to rely on products is one of them.

6. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    My sister became a vegetarian 5 years ago, following a strict diet, taking her vitamins on time, the end result, she is sick all the time. I agree with everything you've written, people forget one very important rule "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is." If there were such miraculous supplements, there won't be any doctors and hospitals, we would be living like turtles up to 200 years.

As to shampoos I am willing to try that experiment, I've been using shampoo 2 a week for quite some time. I'll try to use no shampoo and see the result.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    wow.... great facts , I find myself washing my hair all the time when I workout. I guess I really never thought of these things. I ahve notice though that since I have been eating the right things and not drink lots of beverages I notice a change in my hair and my complexion. thanks for some of those tips. To bring up something my doctor told me it a great idea to shower in your shampoo that you wash your hair with that it good for your body. Moisturizing shampoo that is.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing is if water alone would work so great, then why does rain smell bad on a person and a dog?