The Importance Of Good Communication

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sunflogun • Jun 8, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been receiving more and more e-mail and SMS communications from the companies I buy with and I thank them for it because in this way I know when they have promotions and I can take advantage of them. Do you receive a lot of communications too or you consider them spam?

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I receive tons of promotional emails. I do consider them spam, but depending on the company, I may not delete the emails because at some point I will want to use one of their discount. Macy's is a perfect example of a company that I rarely shop at, but keep their emails for that one occasion that I do buy something from them.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do receive a lot of promotional material, some of which I haven't sought out. Those ones I bin straight away without looking at them once. But there are some online stores that I regularly shop with, and with those I do take the time to check for good deals.

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I receive quite a lot of promotional emails and I usually just ignore them. I think these mails are strongly misleading. The subject area mentions something so inviting but when you open to read the email it turns out you have to purchase a lot of stuff first before getting the discount. It's kind of useless in my opinion.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ignore around 95% of the marketing emails I receive - I'll click on ones from the supermarket but that's about it really. @ellajanelle@ellajanelle is right, the subject makes out like there's some great discounts to be had but when you open them,it turns out that this discount is reliant on a £200 spend. Very annoying.

6. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I also ignore most of the promotions I get because they are garbage. Like @missbishi@missbishi said, you normally have to spend a lot of money to get the discount. I really enjoy the promotional offers I get from the grocery store because they target the offers toward things I actually buy from using my loyalty card. I don't mind the store tracking my spending habits if it benefits me financially.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the promotional emails I receive are from places where I don’t shop too often. They usually go to the trash, I really only look at them if I’m actually planning to shop online. And then most of the deals don’t apply to what I want. Haha. I don’t receive as many as I used to, though, which is nice. I like an uncluttered inbox.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of mine are ones that I have signed up for, but some are useful , but some are too much. I signed up for free meditations and I end up with too many emails from being on their list for coaching sessions and webinars.

Emails with codes and details of sales are always welcome, but I think2-3 emails a week is fine and no more. Ones that email daily are too much and you end up ignoring them.

9. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    That is why I do filter the promotional communications I receive, I just want to receive the real stuff andnot any junk. If my supermarket offers me 20% discount I know it's for real and I will go there on purpose because of it.

10. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    So much of the promotional emails I receive are totally useless and are very spam worthy. There would only be one to two companies that email me really good promotional emails that have discounts and good deals. The other emails even contain viruses so I really can't trust whatever is sent to me, especially when they're from stores or companies I haven't even heard of or I don't buy from often. I guess I'm always just being careful with the emails sent to me.

11. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    That is really strange how so much spam is getting to you keytcee. I usually don't receive spam and when I do receive undesired advertising I have the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the page and I do use it so that I don't get annoyed again.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few email addresses! I use them all for something different. I have one purely for spam and or promotional emails. But I don't sign into that one all that often. I usually just filter out the promotional emails from websites that I don't want them from, or I will unsubscribe from them in one of the spam emails that they send. Some of them make it really hard to unsubscribe though, so that they can keep spamming you. But there is usually always a way to block the sender.

13. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The "unsubscribe" button is my friend.:)
    Sometimes I do sign up to receive promotional emails as a part of some other promotion and then I just unsubscribe either when I start receiving them or when it starts to bug me. I generally prefer to do my own searches when I'm seeking a deal rather than have junk mail to sort through. Besides, it's not like I have tons of extra money to spend on "suggested" items, etc.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There have been a few times when I thought that I as signing up for one service, and from the email that I submitted to receive this service, the same business - which has other offers, that I did not agree to sign up to hear about - will start to send me spam. I hate it. I work online, and opening emails on time are the difference between me sometimes getting jobs and being too late. So when I get an email, I hop to it. I always find it annoying when I open up my emails only to find that it isn't a job - but some spam.

15. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    That's exactly what I think too, since we have an unsubscribe button it makes is more practical. I've subscribed to stuff like you say dreek, but to unsubscribe is really easy, so many times I just try it to see what they will send me.