The Last of Us is raking in excellent reviews!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Jun 7, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Developer Naughty Dog has produced one final hurrah for the PS 3 in the form of The Last of Us. It's a game that has an apocalyptic setting and keys you control Joel accompanied by a charming girl named Ellie. Based on the videos that I have seen, the game looks absolutely stunning and the combat is very intense. Do you have a PS 3? Would you buy this game?

2. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I think I'll check it out. Do they have a PC version? Someone like me is still stuck with PC Gaming and ain't leaving it soon..:D

3. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    They unfortunately don't have a PC version. It's a PS3 exclusive, at least for now.

This game looks great. I wish I could play it, but my PS3 is back in my home country and I'm not there.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There will be no PC version. Everything that Sony releases as its exclusives are made for the PlayStation console only. Take for instance God of War or Uncharted or Jak and Daxter or Crash Bandicoot or Legend of Dragoon. If you would want to play this game on a PC, you would probably need an emulator for the PS3. But I think there's no PS3 emulator as of the moment.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It looks to be too plot-centric for my taste. I usually just play games to do fun stuff, and I tend to not care about what the character's motivations are, as old games never had much back stories to them. That being said, I don't entirely hate this aspect and some do work for me, so I'd probably check this out, but I doubt I'll buy it. Playing in a post apocalyptic world just seems too depressing to me, and if I had to spend hours inside a wasteland, I wouldn't exactly call that a fun escape from reality.