The League

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Spectre456 • Aug 26, 2014.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Have any of you seen this show? I recently started watching it on Netflix and it's one of the most hilarious show I have ever watched.

I must admit that the whole fantasy football thing doesn't interest me in the least, but one night I was bored, saw it on the Netflix catalog and thought "what the hell." I was so surprised at how hard I was laughing at the first episode that I just had to keep watching. I started it last week and I'm already halfway through season 3.

I don't know how well known this show is, I've never heard it mentioned amongst my friends or anyone else for that matter. If you haven't watched it you should definitely give it a try. And if you have watched it I'd like to know what you thought of it.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love The League. Although, I'm not a sports fan, I'm a fan of the comedians, Nick Kroll and Jon Lajoie. If you take out the sports, it's just a funny show about a bunch of guy friends. The interactions between the friends are so funny, that it makes it worth watching, despite the sports.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you been watching the current season of The League? The comedy writing is still golden. Oh, the shenanigans that these guys get into. Andre is still unlikable. Ruxin was in Korea for a time. Kevin is still dealing with his low levels of Testosterone. Jenny is "trying" to be "supportive". Pete still can't hold a relationship.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I have been watching the current season, though I'm currently on the third episode. I like to binge watch it, so I let a few weeks pass before I start watching again.
    As you said, the writing is still great, and it's still hilarious. I have only disliked one episode, and that was because it was centered around Rafi, and I really dislike his character. I saw some screenshots of the fourth episode of this season and it seems to be another episode centered around Rafi, so I'm not looking forward to it.

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Never really gave it a chance... I love Nick Kroll though.
    I might end up watching it, but I'm really picky with tv shows. Especially when it comes to comedy...

What's "The League" similar to?