The Most Expensive Country / City To Vacation In

Discussion in Travel started by ImariFutari • Apr 7, 2015.

1. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    The first city-state that comes to mind is Monaco - they're often described as the richest place per-capita, and after reading up on the expenses, I can definitely say that I wouldn't vacation there (despite how beautiful and luxurious it is) due to the price.

Other than that, after a little price-cruising, here's my master-list. Particularly, these are places that I would want to go to. They're not in any particular order, though. This includes expenses such as a flight, a hotel, and any tours that you might want to attend. It's also very subjective, so bear with me here!

• Tokyo, Japan
    • New York, USA
    • Milan, France
    • Cancun, Mexico
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Seoul, Korea

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of it will come down to how your home currency is doing in comparison to the foreign one. But from my experience, Tokyo is very pricey and felt a lot more than even New York. Also, places like Singapore are very expensive, particularly if you want to buy an alcoholic drink. Drinks in bars there are heavily taxed to manage people's drinking I think.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Singapore is one of the most expensive places to live in. I believe too, that it would be one of the most expensive vacation destinations.

Singapore has retained its position as the world's most expensive city, according to research by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) .

Certainly not the place I'd want to visit.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have and interesting list there and it seems to be accurate, I am just surprised not to see London there, they say it's one of the most expensive destinations. Also, Milan it's in Italy, not France.

• Tokyo, Japan
    • New York, USA
    • Milan, France
    • Cancun, Mexico
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Seoul, Korea

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you sure about this list? Some of the cities you cited aren't as expensive as many people think. Between Seoul and Singapore, the latter is far more expensive. I was there and I went to so much lengths just so I won't run out of money. I do agree Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Paris, France - you forgot to add it to your list.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that the most expensive cities have to be Tokyo, London and New York. Paris have to be on this list too eventually, but yeah, I am not too sure about the others.

Discovered a

. :) Strangest list though?...