The most fashionable piece of clothing you owned

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Jan 24, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I was going through my wardrobe to give away some of my clothes..and found that a nice deep purple (almost black) top that is simple but so well cut and stylish needs to be given away. I am not a big buyer of clothes, at least not for me. I wondered if I have to get myself another good dress what would it be..
    So back to the question .. which is/was the most fashionable piece of clothing you owned?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The most fashionable piece of clothing would have to be a blazer with zippers on the pockets. Although this is such a common piece of clothing mine has a bit more details n it which makes it that much more fashionable.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember any piece of clothing that sticks out of my mind while I was reading your post, however, I do remember this pair of Skechers shoes I owned that almost everyone complimented when they saw it, they said that they liked it's design. So there, in my case it's a pair of shoes that I consider as the most fashionable item that I have owned.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The only "fashionable" clothes I own are my dresses. They're generally either cheap, old, or both, but they still look good and for some reason people always ask me if they're new despite the fact that I've been wearing the same three for the last five years.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most fashionable piece of clothing I own is a GRP Firenze cardigan/jacket. It is the most beautiful garment I have ever owned, hand made in Tuscany. It was quite expensive but I bought it in the sale and I think it was worth every penny. High quality and exclusive.

6. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I consider most of my clothing to be fashionable, so that is a very difficult question to answer. I mean, who buys clothing that isn't attractive? I have items that are sort of plain and more about function than fashion, but those items usually serve their utilitarian purpose and then are given away. So I guess the most fashionable stuff I have is/are the dresses that are timeless and still wearable past their seasons.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear classic style that can last a few years, add some accessories and like the way I look. The item is spend most of my money on when I shop is always shoes. I have a hard to fit foot and must get expensive shoes to get a good fit.

8. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    As I rummaged through my closet, it was hard to determine which apparel was the most fashionable. I would have to say my black blazer and a black mini dress. Those two are my favorite and I wear them often. I need to buy more clothes that are similar in style because I don't want people to think those are the only pieces of clothing I own. :p

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most fashionable piece of clothing I have ever owned is a leather jacket. I loved that jacket and wore it at every appropriate opportunity. I really didn't pay much for it. I bought it from a neighbor would leaving the state and was selling some of her stuff. I couldn't believe that she was selling that coat.

10. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say skinny leg pants that goes so well down into your boots and make you look fabulously dressed for pennies. I like the look and the style and everything that they can go with and you will be dressed for whatever the outing my be.

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Have to admit, i never catch up with fashion on clothes:(

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived on South Beach, I had a couple of metallic futuristic mini dresses that made me look like Ulala from Space Channel 5. I got a ton of compliments on those. But my idea of fashionable is the weirder clothes that you see in music videos, not the conservative stuff that many people like. So what I consider fashionable, like a 3D printed corset or a jacket with LED lights, might just be considered weird to others.

13. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I'd say the most fashionable piece of clothing I've owned is my trusty brown Timberland boots. I have more of a hip-hop and grunge kind of style so I really love chunky boots and "boyfriend" clothes so I really like my big and trendy boots. I've had them for about 6 months now and they still look as new as ever and I wear them a lot with different clothes so if I'd have to give them up I'd be really sad. Maybe I'd buy another pair because I really really like them.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I can call my clothes all that fashionable, because that's not even the look I go for. I don't like that fashion has such a high turn over, you blink and it's so passé! I much prefer classic looks that last season after season and can stand the test of time. If I like something and it's in fashion, then I'll buy it. But I don't go out of my way to follow fashion trends, I couldn't afford it!

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    LOL. I think some of those things you described might just be considered costumes to others. Everything has its place though, and while an individual's style of dress is largely a matter of personal choice, there is something to be said for the more conservative stuff, especially when it comes to particular occasions. I think I've grown out of the trendier or more outside stuff. Those things need to be replaced more often than the classic stuff.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a very stylish dress from an Italian designer that I found in a charity store. I can't believe what people throw out. I love this dress. It's black and has an exquisite gold pattern on it. I like the way it's cut in an artistic 60's style, reaching just above my knees. I enjoy wearing it with my black boots. :)

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My most fashionably piece of clothing is probably a fake fur vest I got last month. I wouldn't normally get one but my friend is selling them and so I just decided to get one on cream color. It's actually nice! And it was inexpensive so I'm happy I decided to get it.

18. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    If shoes count, then my pair of KD8's would be my most fashionable piece of clothing. I have pretty good control on my spending on clothes, except when it comes to shoes. I don't buy a ton of pairs like some people, but when I do go buy a new pair, I get exactly what I want.

19. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I tend toward classics more than fashionable items, or something simple with an interesting detail, because that stuff always look good and I can mix it up in new ways. Truth be told, I think the last time I bought anything “fashionable,” it was a military-inspired jacket in 2006. It was always quite uncommon to find around here, even when that was a huge trend, so I just had to snap it up. And I still wear it a lot because I’ve always loved that look.